Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7315-FABROS-006
Workplace : LIMOGES
Date of publication : Wednesday, November 24, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Remuneration between 2663 € and 3783 € gross per month according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Development of feedstocks (typically acrylate-based resins and ceramic precursor polymers containing mineral fillers) used for 3D photo-polymerization by projection of holograms in micro-fluidic channels. The goal is to obtain complex architectures of micrometric sizes (deflectors, mixers, etc.) for the fabrication of structured channels of lab-in-lab devices, as well as the production of 3D objects directly in flow.
The project in which the offer is included is financially supported by the New Aquitaine Region. It involves a consortium of 3 partners with the following missions
- IRCER (UMR CNRS 7315, Limoges): formulation and preparation of photo-polymerizable feedstocks, photo-polymerization tests on a dedicated optical bench and associated characterizations. The proposed CDD is part of this framework.
- XLIM (UMR CNRS 7252, Limoges): development of the optical bench for hologram projection. To date, the bench already exists and is operational. It is a question of making it evolve in terms of compactness in a true "printer". This work is entrusted to a second post-doc of optician profile recruited by XLIM with whom the candidate recruited by IRCER will work in close collaboration.
- The CTTC (Centre de Transfert de Technologies Céramiques, Limoges): Scale-up and market study with a view to the possible creation of a start-up
- Chemistry of materials, ideally ceramics
- Formulation of photo-polymerizable resins (ideally in the visible range)
- Skills in the field of ceramic precursor polymers
- Knowledge of 3D printing technologies by photo-polymerization
- Mastery of associated characterization techniques (SEM, FT-IR, Raman, etc.)
- Autonomy, creativity and taste for interdisciplinary teamwork
- Entrepreneurial spirit (possibility of creating a start-up!)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Good writing skills
The proposed one-year contract is based at IRCER Limoges (Institute for Research for Ceramics - http://www.ircer.fr). IRCER is a CNRS UMR of 200 people. It is the largest research laboratory in its field (ceramic processes) in Europe. Its manufacturing and characterization equipment is also a unique, state-of-the-art platform offering researchers all the tools they need to conduct quality research. Moreover, IRCER has a strong international influence and, due to its thematic positioning around processes. maintains a vast network of industrial partners, a source of opportunities. Finally, IRCER was the precursor of 3D printing of ceramics in France and, as such, has great legitimacy in the field.
Constraints and risks
There are no specific constraints or risks, except for the handling of chemicals, which requires the wearing of PPE and work in a fume hood, or even in a glove box in certain cases.
We talk about it on Twitter!