Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7314-ALEFRA-018
Workplace : AMIENS
Date of publication : Thursday, September 9, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 18 October 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2 648 € grossly salary per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
This offer concerns a postdoctoral researcher who will work in the experimental part of the ERC project "ARTISTIC" (https://www.erc-artistic.eu/) which targets the development of a predictive simulation platform of the impact of manufacturing processes on the mesostructure and performance of lithium ion battery electrodes. The platform is supported by multi-scale physical models and artificial intelligence based programs. The role of the postdoc will be to realize the electrodes with optimized performance by the models and to characterize in detail the impact of the manufacturing processes on the textural and electrochemical properties of the electrodes.
The activities of the postdoc will mainly concern:
- formulation of electrodes and rheological characterisation of inks;
- coating, calendering and filling of electrodes;
- the assembly of lithium ion battery cells and their electrochemical characterisation;
- the detailed analysis and interpretation of the results obtained in close collaboration with the theoreticians of the ARTISTIC project team.
The expected skills are:
- excellent knowledge of the formulation and characterisation of electrodes for lithium ion batteries;
- knowledge in rheology and mechanics of composite materials;
- excellent ability to critically analyse results;
- excellent openness to teamwork, especially with theorists;
- excellent oral and written English.
The work will be carried out within the framework of the ERC project "ARTISTIC" directed by Professor Alejandro A. Franco. The project team is composed of more than fifteen people from several countries. The project is carried out in the Laboratoire de Réactivité et Chimie des Solides (LRCS), a joint research unit between CNRS and the Université de Picardie Jules Verne (Amiens, France). This laboratory is very active in research on electrochemical energy storage technologies (batteries) and has a vast arsenal of tools for materials synthesis, characterisation, battery prototyping and modelling.
Constraints and risks
Website of the ARTISTIC project: https://www.erc-artistic.eu/
We talk about it on Twitter!