Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7301-EMMDEM-007
Workplace : POITIERS
Date of publication : Monday, January 10, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 8 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2663 and 3783 euros gross monthly according to qualification
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Produce an entangled and relational analysis of different waves of migrations in Jordan, focusing on the host society; establish a suitable architecture considering the larger research objectives; identify descriptive fields capable of tracing the salient elements of the narrative on and of migrants in relation to the construction of a Jordanian national history; collect data on narratives of migrants and those of the host society in a database; contribute to and assist in the creation of an oral history archive with local partners; ensure the coordination of the CNRS team and with ITHACA team.
● Fieldwork and regular mobility in Jordan and Europe
● Collect statistical, archival and photographic data about migrant reception practices in Jordan
● Collect data on migration policies
● Collect data on civil society associations in Jordan
● Produce an inventory of public or private archival materials (and access conditions)
● Produce a sound archive in collaboration with the other members of the team and in liaison with local institutions
● Dissemination activities and publication
● Coordination with the CNRS and ITHACA team
• Sociology and/ or history of migrations
• Solid experience of the field
• Experience with interviews and their analysis
• Collection of oral archives & knowledge about technical requirements for sound archives
• Legal and ethical framework (general knowledge)
• French language: good command, both written and spoken (Desired level: CECRL B2)
• Arabic language (classic and Jordanian dialect): excellent command, both written and spoken (Desired level: CECRL B2)
• English language: excellent command, both written and spoken (Desired level: CECRL C1)
• Carry fieldwork in Jordanian host communities
• Manage archival data
• Use presentation techniques
• Creation and implementation of a participatory and self-narrative database
• Communication with institutional actors.
Under the responsibility of the CNRS researcher in charge of ITHACA, the position is located in Poitiers, France (Migrinter) with regular mobility in Jordan and Europe
Migrinter is a research laboratory specialised in the study of international migrations. Created in 1985 by the geographer Gildas Simon, Migrinter contributes for more than thirty years to institutionalise the study of migrations nationally as well as internationally. Its members (researchers, university lecturers and researchers, research support staff) strive for a comparative and multidisciplinary approach of migrations (geography, anthropology, law, history, communication and information sciences, sociology etc.). They pay particular attention to ethic issues linked to research and commit to the production of a shared knowledge between education, institutions and civil society. They play an active role in epistemological and methodological debates and engage in the creation of a critical space for reflexion on international migrations.
Constraints and risks
Fieldwork in Jordan between 3 and 6 months
We talk about it on Twitter!