Reference : UMR7285-SYLBRU-010
Workplace : POITIERS
Date of publication : Monday, November 14, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2805 and 3224 euros gross (experience less than 2 years)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
At the CNRS, the Institute of Chemistry of Environments and Materials of Poitiers is recruiting a post-doctoral student who will work under the supervision of a CNRS research director as part of the project for the synthesis of fluorinated aromatic compounds
The researcher's mission will revolve around
- measurement of catalytic performance,
- the characterization of the different materials,
- kinetic modeling,
The identification and understanding of the nature of the physical or chemical phenomena involved, the nature of the species formed, the interaction of these species are all aspects that will need to be understood in order to control the selectivity of the reactions. studied.
The researcher (with an experience of less than 2 years after obtaining the thesis) will contribute in particular to different aspects:
- compare the catalytic performance of catalysts under conditions close to industrial conditions
- identify and understand the active sites to improve catalytic performance
- characterize the physico-chemical properties of catalysts with the required techniques
- correlate catalytic performance with characterizations
- writing progress reports
- present the results at meetings
- PhD in heterogeneous catalysis
- Good experience in set up experiments
- Training in kinetics and modeling
- Writing progress reports
- Managing meetings and teamwork
- Fluent in English
IC2MP is an interdisciplinary institute in Chemistry and Geosciences which has 280 people located in the science campus of the University of Poitiers.
The post-doctoral fellow will be part of the "catalysis in unconventional environment" team of the laboratory which deals with the intensification of processes.
This research work will be carried out in collaboration with the Solvay compagny, which occupies a position of world leader in the field of fluorinated compounds with applications in particular for batteries, the production of hydrogen, etc. This company is located in Saint Fons close to Lyons.
The researcher will be under the responsibility of a CNRS Research Director and will have all the experimental means to carry out his research with the safety conditions required for the subject.
Constraints and risks
- short missions in France with the industrial partner
- experiments in the presence of hydrogen fluoride
Deadline for receipt of applications 05/12/2022
We talk about it on Twitter!