Reference : UMR7275-ISAMUS-001
Nombre de Postes : 1
Workplace : VALBONNE
Date of publication : Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2236 € and 2510 € gross monthly depending on experience
Desired level of education : 3-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The agent will be recruited in the framework of an ANR project between 5 research teams. Her/his mission will be to develop the functional expression in human HEK293 cells of a human membrane transporter in which a non-natural amino acid will be introduced at different positions.
- Learning the transfection technique specific to the expression of a protein modified with a non-natural amino acid (UAA) in an ANR collaborating laboratory in Paris (will require some stays in Paris).
- Implementation of the transfection method at the IPMC in Sophia Antipolis.
- Evaluation of the expression of the protein carrying the UAA by western-blot
- Evaluation of the drug transport activity of the UAA-bearing protein by the techniques set up and mastered at the IPMC
- Analysis of the results
- Analysis of the bibliography on the expression of protein modified by UAA
- Interaction with the ANR collaborating laboratory on methods and results
- Participate in common tasks of the team and the institute
- Present results at team meetings and meetings with ANR collaborators
- Fluent in English to interact with non-French speaking collaborators
- Molecular biology (subcloning, expression vector construction)
- Culture of mammalian cell lines
- Biochemistry (western-blot)
- Immunofluorescence labeling
- Analysis of articles in English
- Analysis and presentation of results
- Team work
- Conviviality and good mood
The agent will work under the supervision of Isabelle Mus-Veteau, CNRS research director in the Franco-Luton team at the Institute of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology (IPMC) in Sophia Antipolis near Antibes.
The team is currently composed of 5 statutory staff (3 research directors, 1 lecturer, and 1 engineer), an assistant engineer on a fixed-term contract, a Ph.D. student, and a Master2 student.
The IPMC is a CNRS UMR composed of 220 people in 20 research teams and several platforms (microscopy, flow cytometry, mass spectrometry, genomics, animal facility).
The agent will have a bench in the team's laboratory and will have access to all IPMC facilities after training by the managers of each platform.
The agent will have to be trained in the production of proteins modified by a non-natural amino acid by a few stays in the laboratory of one of the ANR collaborators in Paris.
12-month contract renewable 1 time
We talk about it on Twitter!