Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7272-CORMEI-001
Workplace : NICE
Date of publication : Friday, January 11, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 3000 - 4600 €/month, depending on the experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
We seek to hire outstanding researchers at the post-doctoral level to join our laboratory at the Institut de Chimie de Nice, Université Côte d'Azur. The successful candidate will be involved in the realization of the research founded by the European Research Council ERC StG 2018 'A-LIFE'.
What is responsible for the emergence of homochirality, the almost exclusive use of one enantiomer over its mirror image? And what led to the evolution of life's homochiral biopolymers, DNA/RNA, proteins and lipids, where all the constituent monomers exhibit the same handedness?
A synergistic methodology will be developed in A-LIFE to build a unified theory for the origin of all chiral biological building blocks and their assembly into homochiral supramolecular entities. Multidimensional gas chromatographic analyses of astrophysical-relevant samples (e.g. ice analogues & meteorites) will be combined with asymmetric photochemistry triggered by circularly polarized synchrotron and laser sources. Intermediates and autocatalytic reaction kinetics will be monitored to understand the underlying processes. A unified theory on the asymmetric formation and self-assembly of life's biopolymers will impact the conceptual foundation of the origin of life.
- Ph.D. with background in physics or physical chemistry and experience in the set-up, operation and maintenance of laser sources or the use of optical/spectroscopy equipment would be ideal
- The possibility to be involved in a timely research project in an emerging field, using state-of-the art equipment
- A stimulating, diverse and international research team & advanced training opportunities, embedded in a networked research environment
- 1-year postdoc offer, with the possibility of extension
Constraints and risks
laser safety (moderate power)
Applications written in English, German or French should be uploaded in the 'Portail Emploi' or sent to Dr. Meinert (firstname.lastname@example.org) and should include(combined as one pdf file):
(1) cover letter
(2) CV including your scientific skills, your research experience and a complete list of publications
(3) a 3-page summary of your PhD thesis (PostDoc)
(4 contact information for at least 2 referees (recommendation letters should be sent directly to Dr. Meinert)
We talk about it on Twitter!