Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7266-INGARN-001
Workplace : LA ROCHELLE
Date of publication : Thursday, July 23, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2648.79 € et 3768.24 € gross per month (according to experience and CNRS grid)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
One post-doctoral position is available at the laboratory Littoral, Environment and Societies (LIENSs UMR7266) and in the team “Biotechnology and Chemistry of Bioresources for Health” directly supervised by Pr. Ingrid Arnaudin, at La Rochelle.
The recruited post-doc will develop bioactive algae extracts regulators of inflammatory processes in relation of cerebral disorders and will implicated in the study of their mechanisms of action.
It will evaluate, using adapted cell models, the anti-inflammatory effects of macroalgal extracts (cell culture, enzymatic tests, quantification of chemical mediators) and characterize the signaling pathways involved in biological effects (by qPCR, western-blot). Finally, these experiments will be completed by a structural characterization of the active extracts (LC-MS HR).
The candidate will be in charge of applying the relevant and innovative methodologies:
• For the analysis of the biological activities present in the extracts
• For the characterization of the signaling pathways explaining the action mechanisms of the assets
• For identification and structural characterization of active compounds
He / she will be responsible for data processing and scientific dissemination of results (drafting of patents and articles in English such as participation in conferences)
The candidate will:
• be PhD graduated in Biochemistry and/or pharmacology
• Have a scientific experience in biotechnological exploitation of macroalgae, extraction, purification and characterization of biological activities related to inflammatory processes
• Demonstrate a written and oral mastery of English
• Show interest in interdisciplinary work and exchanges.
• Demonstrate autonomy, rigor, critical thinking, ability to work in a team
The researcher will be part of the NEURONALG project team (2017-2020, regional project of New Aquitaine) in the team “biotechnologies et chimie des bioressources pour la santé” (BCBS) of Littoral Environnement et Sociétés ( UMR 7266 LIENSs) at La Rochelle. LIENSs is a join research unit under the CNRS and La Rochelle University authorities, which integrates expertises in many scientific fields within environmental sciences (biology, ecology, ecophysiology, ecotoxicology, earth sciences, geophysics), humanities and social sciences (geography and history), and Engineering Sciences (chemistry and biotechnology). It takes strength through a high interdisciplinarity to address issues on the sustainable development of its main research object : the littoral zone. LIENSs presently comprises 69 researchers/lecturer-researchers, 28 permanent engineers/technicians, 24 post-docs and invited researchers, 10 contracted technical staff and 32 PhD students.
Constraints and risks
Trips to France are expected
The post-doc salary is co-funded by CNRS/Région Nouvelle-Aquitaine
The Post-doc salary is calculated according to French national standards for post-docs.
International applications are highly encouraged.
Deadline for application: 1st of September 2020
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- List of publications
- Letter of motivation describing your journey and explaining why you want to be part of our team for this project.
- Copy of the doctorate diploma or the attestation of defense
- Names and email address of two scientific references
We talk about it on Twitter!