Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7253-DOMLOU-003
Workplace : COMPIEGNE
Date of publication : Monday, June 29, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 November 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2675,28-3805,92 €
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The position of research engineer fits into the context of the ORCHESTRAA project. This project is part of the field of advanced training within command and control centers of military operations or civil crisis management centers. We have chosen as a case study and inspiration the training in the conduct of air operations, with as partner and end user the Center of Analysis and Simulation for the Preparation for Air Operations (CASPOA).
ORCHESTRAA aims to offer a training platform in virtual reality based on:
- a simulation of a generalist virtual environment reproducing the decor and interactions within a CAOC (Combined Air Operations Center) room,
- a dashboard for executing, piloting, supervising, diagnosing and developing complex training scenarios,
- a hybrid AI / scripting engine to manage both multiple PVA (autonomous virtual characters) as well as the adaptation / customization of the training scenario.
ORCHESTRAA will bring educational methods allowing, on the one hand, to improve training thanks to the use of technologies of Virtual Reality and Artificial Intelligence which offer an immersion capacity and the possibility to simulate a greater variety of scenarios, particularly in terms of coordination and interactions between people, and on the other hand, to reduce the workload and human resources necessary for the development and conduct of the sessions by intuitive and simplified steering and management solutions.
In this context, we are looking for a competent and motivated research engineer to work on the software platform for the orchestration of virtual environments, HUMANS. This platform integrates several decisional engines: a scenario generation engine, a virtual character generation engine, a learner tracking engine, a communication engine and a world management engine.
The HUMANS software platform is developed in Java using the Jade Framework. Communication with the virtual environment takes place via the exchange of JSON messages through a common API. The representation of the world is based on OWL / RDF. The engines are based on different artificial intelligence techniques (e.g. Bayesian networks, planning, genetic algorithms, belief theory). Two doctoral students are working on the project, one on the scenario generation engine and the other on the behavior engine for generating virtual characters. The research engineer will have to review the communication system, manage communication with the virtual environment, refactor the world management engine and rethink the learner's tracking engine in relation to the scenario generation engine.
The engineer who will be recruited from this team will have a central role in the research activities of the ORCHESTRAA project since he/she will be in charge of the software suite. He or she will have to implement new functionalities in relation to the work of doctoral students and the REVIATECH company in charge of integration. In particular, the ORCHESTRAA project aims to make the HUMANS software suite more robust and usable by manufacturers. It will therefore be a question of both rethinking HUMANS for a more operational use and welcoming future developments to support ambitious research work.
- To understand and to analyze the different engines of the HUMANS software platform (Jade multi-agent system, functionality of the different engines, inputs / outputs, JSON data exchange models, etc.);
- To be in charge of the world management engine and the modeling of the world of the specific environment of the ORCHESTRAA project (ontologies);
- To participate in ORCHESTRAA project meetings with companies participating in the project (REVIATECH, THALES) and end users (CASPOA trainers);
- To develop certain aspects of the HUMANS software suite to make its operation robust and allow upgrades for ambitious research;
- To be a force for proposals to improve the performance of the HUMANS software platform (HUMANS is the result of various work by doctoral students and it will be necessary to review the architecture and optimize it). The research engineer will have to propose improvements in the communication engine between the HUMANS engines and between HUMANS and the 3D engine developed by the company REVIATECH;
- To participate in the dissemination of work (writing and presentation of scientific articles, participation in "general public" demonstrations) and evaluation campaigns;
- PhD in computer science or artificial intelligence or similar relevant fields;
- Java, Swing, Network, Client / server communication
- Semantic Web, Ontology (OWL / RDF)
- Skills on the Jade framework and in artificial intelligence appreciated
Le Laboratoire Heudiasyc a été créé en 1981. Depuis ses débuts, Heudiasyc est étroitement lié au CNRS et est rattaché à la section INS2I (Sciences de l'information) du CNRS. Les recherches d'Heudiasyc se situent dans le domaine de l'information et des technologies numériques (informatique, contrôle automatique, robotique et intelligence artificielle).
L'objectif est de développer des modes de représentation, d'analyse et de contrôle des systèmes soumis à des critères et contraintes, qu'ils soient exprimés en termes scientifiques, technologiques, économiques ou sociaux. La recherche est organisée autour de trois équipes :
- CID: Connaissance, Incertitude, Données
- SCOP: fiabilité, communication, optimisation
- SyRI: Systèmes robotiques en interaction
L'ingénieur.e de recherche sera intégré à l'équipe CID. Les méthodes développées dans l'équipe CID sont testées dans des environnements collaboratifs pour capitaliser les connaissances, recommander des circuits touristiques et culturels, et des environnements virtuels pour l'apprentissage humain ou la prise de décision.
CID développe HUMANS qui vise à créer des environnements virtuels adaptatifs qui prennent en compte divers comportements humains ou à rendre compte, en particulier, du travail collaboratif en situation de crise. HUMANS permet l'orchestration d'environnements virtuels pour générer des situations adaptables et pertinentes dynamiquement en fonction du profil utilisateur.
Constraints and risks
The recruited person must be ZRR and NATO Restricted authorized
We talk about it on Twitter!