Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7232-DIDPEU-009
Workplace : BANYULS SUR MER
Date of publication : Thursday, December 19, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2 600 and 2 900 € based on the experience (gross monthly)
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
Like in many other animals, metamorphosis is a major life-cycle transition in fish, characterized by ecological, behavioral, morphological and physiological changes, and orchestrated by thyroid hormones. In coral reef fish, such as clownfish, this step involves the perception of various environmental signals in the ocean that allow pelagic larvae to locate and settle in the reef.
The missions entrusted to the candidate aim at describing the link between the environment and the hormonal signals during the metamorphosis of the clownfish Amphiprion ocellaris, whose life cycle is managed in our team. The goal is to understand how environmental parameters are integrated at the level of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in the larval stage and modulate the production of thyroid hormones orchestrating metamorphic changes.
- Larval rearing in different environmental conditions and identification of parameters (light, temperature, chemical signature of anemones or corals...) that may be involved in the activation of the thyroid hypothalamic-pituitary axis.
- Analysis of transcriptomic profiles of brains of clownfish larvae undergoing metamorphosis, for these environmental conditions.
- Functional validation of identified neuroendocrine signaling pathways (qPCR, pharmacology, ISH, ICC, imaging)
- solid knowledge in developmental biology and neuroendocrinology, as well as in bioinformatic, molecular and cellular biology.
- Knowledge in aquariology and larval rearing of marine fish. An experimental level in animal experimentation will be appreciated.
The proposed contract is part of an ARN project, SENSO, obtained by the host team (Eco/Evo/Devo, CNRS UMR BIOM, Banyuls/mer) in collaboration with two other national laboratories (CRIOBE, EPHE, Papete & University of Perpignan and IGFL, Ecole Normale Supérieure of Lyon). The postdoctoral contract will mostly take place at the Observatoire Océanologique of Banyuls-sur-Mer (66), a marine station under the supervision of Sorbonne University and the CNRS, dedicated to the study of marine sciences (200 people)
We talk about it on Twitter!