Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7225-ALEBRI0-005
Workplace : PARIS 13
Date of publication : Monday, February 15, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : depending on experience
Desired level of education : BEPC
Experience required : Indifferent
The ARAMIS lab develops the Open Source software Clinica (www.clinica.run) for brain image analysis. Clinica allows users to easily analyze large-scale clinical studies with advanced computational tools. To that purpose, it integrates tools for data management, image preprocessing, feature extraction, machine learning and statistics. Clinica is distributed freely to the scientific community and has 400+ users worldwide. It has been used to produce high impact medical publications which have advanced the understanding of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, fronto-temporal dementia and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. It is also widely used by researchers who apply machine learning to the diagnosis of brain diseases.
Clinica is currently downloaded and executed by the users on local computers. We now aim to make it available as a web service. The software will be used through a web application, the users will upload their data which will be processed by running Clinica on a cloud service. We are looking for an engineer in charge of developing and deploy the ClinicaCloud webservice.
- development of the front-end module (web server, user interface)
- development of the back-end module (development of an API for interacting with Clinica)
- deployment of the beta release of the platform
- evaluate the initial release of the platform: collect, interpret and analyse user feedback
- documentation writing and maintenance
- user support
In addition, you will be involved in presenting the software at international scientific conferences and other events (organized for instance by Inria, ICM, CNRS…).
- Bachelor, Master or Engineering degree
- Basic knowledge of Python
- Basic knowledge of a framework for web servers (Django/Flask)
- An experience in the deployment of web apps using a cloud service (Heroku, Azure, AWS, GCP) would be a plus.
- Demonstrated software integration skills.
- Good writing skills (software documentation)
- Good relational and communication skills to interact with users and lab members
You will work within the ARAMIS lab (www.aramislab.fr) at the Paris Brain Institute. The institute is ideally located at the heart of the Pitié-Salpêtrière hospital, downtown Paris.
The ARAMIS lab, which is also part of Inria (the French National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Applied Mathematics), is dedicated to the development of new computational approaches for the analysis of large neuroimaging and clinical data sets. With about 35 people, the lab has a multidisciplinary composition, bringing together researchers in machine learning and statistics and medical doctors (neurologists, neuroradiologists).
The research project will be carried out within the framework of the Olivier Colliot Chair at the Interdisciplinary Institute of Artificial Intelligence (3IA) PRAIRIE (http://prairie-institute.fr/ ), one of the four 3IA institutes created as part of the French plan for artificial intelligence.
We have access to a supercomputer with 1024 GPU.
Constraints and risks
No specific constraints
We talk about it on Twitter!