Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7220-ALEMIK0-007
Workplace : NANTERRE
Date of publication : Friday, June 4, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 10 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2510.74 euros (gross) per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The research engineer will work within a research collective on the conception and realisation of a survey on social and professional practices related to the documentary collections of the traces of the COVID 19 pandemic in France. The candidate is expected to have experience in conducting sociological surveys, including confirmed experience in conducting ethnographic interviews and the conception and analysis of questionnaires. Knowledge of the field of cultural practices and memory studies will be appreciated, but is not essential. In addition, the candidate should have a particular interest in collective and interdisciplinary research.
- Participate in the elaboration of a directory of archive collection initiatives of the COVID period;
- Conduct interviews with citizens participating in the calls for collections and with the leaders of these initiatives;
- Contribute to the reflection on the techniques and methods of the survey on social and professional practices related to the documentary collections of the traces of the COVID 19 pandemic in France;
- Contribute to the elaboration of a questionnaire and to the analysis of the answers;
- Contribute to the elaboration and enrichment of a research blog dedicated to the project (research notebook).- Participate in research team meetings.
- Participate in the writing of reports and scientific publications related to the project.
- PhD in social sciences (political science, sociology or ethnology etc.).
- Interest in the studies of memory and cultural practices.
- Possible knowledge of French cultural and archival institutions.
- Interest in interdisciplinary and collective research.
- Experience in conducting interviews.
- Experience of the questionnaire survey method.
- General knowledge of methods for analysing questionnaire survey data
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software (SAS, SPSS, STATA, R, ....) would be a plus
- Knowledge of an office suite (Microsoft, LibreOffice,...)
- Good level of written English (B2/C1)
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
The Institute for Social sciences of Politics (ISP) is a joint research unit of the CNRS, the ENS Paris-Saclay and the University of Paris-Nanterre. The unit is located on two sites: Campus of the University of Paris Nanterre and campus of the ENS Paris-Saclay in Gif sur Yvette.
Affiliated to the Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences of the CNRS, ISP depends on the following sections of the National Committee for Scientific Research: 40 (Politics, power, organisation) as a main research area, and 36 (Sociology and legal sciences) and 33 (Modern and contemporary worlds) as secondary research areas. Its activity is structured around 4 axis: "Gender, race and class: from local to global", "Production and circulation of knowledge, norms and techniques", "Violence, conflicts and mobilisations" and "State formation and transformations - from national to transnational".
The post-doctoral fellow will work on the campus of the University of Paris Nanterre and will have a dedicated workspace. In addition, he/she will benefit from the campus infrastructure and the partial payment of his/her transport ticket.
The University of Paris Nanterre is accessible by the RER A, direction Saint Germain en Laye or Reuil Malmaison, and by the Transilien L, station Nanterre University.
We talk about it on Twitter!