Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7178-REGSOM-067
Workplace : STRASBOURG
Date of publication : Thursday, January 07, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2675,27 and 3084,60 euros gross per month according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The successful candidate will be in charge for the development of hydrometallurgical processes for the extraction of valuable metals from spent lithium ion batteries. The main goal is to improve the extraction system in terms of metal ion extraction efficiency and selectivity using supported liquid membrane technology with high membrane stability. Technology should be optimized in a laboratory scale and designed for the future pilot plant. This post-doctoral fellowship is at the interface between the extractive metallurgy, the analytical chemistry and the membrane science.
• Development of novel supported liquid membrane systems to separate valuable metal ions
• Work in a chemical laboratory in autonomous way: investigate how various experimental parameters affect the metal extraction efficiency and selectivity as well as the stability of supported liquid membranes and optimize the experimental conditions
• Contribute to the physicochemical analysis of the target metals and to the understanding of the transfer mechanisms through the liquid membrane
• Participation in meetings, national and international conferences
• Writing reports and research articles
• PhD in hydrometallurgy or solution chemistry
• Solid background in physical-chemistry
• Knowledge of spectroscopic techniques (UV-vi, ICP-AES) and various analytical techniques
• Experience in membrane processes and/or solvent extraction and ionic liquid chemistry
• Ability to analyze and write scientific articles
• Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
• Strong communication & leadership skills
• Motivated, curious, autonomous
This position will be part of the ongoing LIMEX European project. LIMEX would allow the emergence of a novel integrated technology for metal ions separation and purification, which is in agreement with the demands for a sustainable development. The overall objective is to evaluate its technical feasibility and economic and environmental impacts when using solvent extraction and membrane separation for the recovery of target metals from the leach liquors formed during the recycling of spent LIBs. This objective constitutes a real scientific and technical challenge due to complex matrices with different levels of metal concentrations.
LIMEX project is interdisciplinary research collaborative project between three European academic and one industrial partner. Each team involved in this project is an acknowledged specialist of its domain. The Pluridisciplinary Institute Hubert Curien, UMR CNRS 7178 (Université de Strasbourg) operates in the following domains: solution chemistry, membrane process design and life cycle assessment.
Constraints and risks
Your applications ideally consist of the following documents (in English):
- A detailed CV including a list of publications
- A motivation letter describing why you want to apply for this position
- Description of your research interests
- Email addresses of at least two references who are willing to send a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
We talk about it on Twitter!