Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7164-REGTER-001
Workplace : PARIS 13
Date of publication : Friday, October 8, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 6 months
Expected date of employment : 1 December 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2743 and 3896 € brut per month depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The candidate will perform a detailed analysis of the diffuse emission in the inner Galaxy with the large H.E.S.S. dataset. She/he is expected to participate in the development of the Gammapy library, which will serve as CTA science tools.
- HESS data analysis of the Galactic Centre interstellar emission to constrain cosmic- ray densities across the inner 300 pc.
- Active Gammapy development (code/tests/documentation)
- PhD in the field of high energy astrophysics with general knowledge in gamma-ray astronomy and cosmic-ray propagation
- Experience with Data analysis of Air Cerenkov Telescopes data , and possibly of Fermi-LAT data
- Solid programming skills in Python. Experience with the Gammapy library is a strong plus.
The APC laboratory is a leading institute in particle astrophysics and cosmology and its high-energy group is involved in a wide range of multi-wavelength and multi-messenger experiments. The successful candidate will join the team to strengthen its activities relating to very high energy phenomena in the Center of our Galaxy.
The candidate will also join the Gammapy development team.
We talk about it on Twitter!