Intitulé de l'offre : Postdoctoral fellow (M/W) QUBIC Data Analysis (CMB Polarization) (H/F)
Référence : UMR7164-JEAHAM-001
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : PARIS 13
Date de publication : mercredi 17 mai 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Scientifique
Durée du contrat : 24 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 septembre 2023
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : Between 4 082,90€ and 4 264,50€ (gross monthly)
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 8 - (Doctorat)
Expérience souhaitée : Indifférent
Section(s) CN : Interactions, particles, nuclei, from laboratory to cosmos
Research work funded by French Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR) on Observational Cosmology, particularly the research for B-modes polarization of the Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) with the QUBIC Instrument.
QUBIC is the first Bolometric Interferometer. It was inaugurated in November 2022 at its observation site in Argentina. The scientific objective is the search for primordial gravitational waves with the B-mode polarization of the CMB in order to constrain the inflation era.
- Development of the data analysis pipeline for QUBIC: timeline analysis, frequency and astrophysical components map-making, angular power spectrum measurements, and cosmological parameters constraints.
- Calibration of the instruments using classical techniques, but also the development of the self-calibration technique for QUBIC
- Mitigation of atmospheric contamination developing a new method based on the interferometric nature of QUBIC.
- Good knowledge of modern cosmology and of the associated data analysis techniques
- Statistical tools (Likelihood, Bayesian methods, power spectra analysis)
- Advanced Python programming skills
- Basic knowledge of MPI and OpenMP would be a plus
- Basic knowledge of radio interferometry would be a plus
Contexte de travail
The postdoctoral fellow will be part of the QUBIC team at APC laboratory (Paris - 13th arrondissement). The APC Laboratory hosts teams in astroparticles and cosmology.
The QUBIC team at APC includes the Spokesperson, the Instrument Scientist, the Calibration Scientist, and the Project Manager. It is therefore deeply involved in all aspects of QUBIC. The APC team has been leading the development of specific QUBIC data analysis in the collaboration, including self-calibration and spectral-imaging.
Contraintes et risques
The postdoctoral fellow might have to travel to the various institutes involved in QUBIC (France, Italy, Argentina, UK, and Ireland) and might travel to the observing site at 5000m a.s.l. in the Salta Province, Argentina.