Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7154-BENBRE-035
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 36 months
Expected date of employment : 1 November 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2536 € gross monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The recruited person will be responsible for the smooth running of the new TIMS. He/she will also be in charge of the analytical developments required to obtain high-precision measurements of neodymium and tungsten isotopic ratios. He/she will be involved in the development and quality control of clean lab chemical separations. He/she will also be involved in the development and acquisition of data using a laser ablation and a triple quad.
Activities will include:
- development of new analytical methods in isotope geochemistry
- support for the preparation and analysis of geological samples
- validation, interpretation and presentation of data
- responsibility for the new TIMS and training of new users
- order management
- ensure the application of health and safety rules
- involved in the development and conduct of the ERC SHRED research project
- Solid training in isotope geochemistry.
- Good knowledge of chromatographic separation techniques, clean lab practices and solid-source mass spectrometers
- Fluent English.
- Good team spirit
- Analytical reasoning, innovation and decision-making capabilities
The recruited person will join the team of engineers, researchers and students who use clean labs and perform isotopic measurements using the instruments of the PARI platform at IPGP. More specifically, the recruited person will be part of the team formed within the framework of the ERC SHRED led by Catherine Chauvel.
Constraints and risks
Use of strong mineral acids, work in clean lab environment.
We talk about it on Twitter!