Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7154-BENBRE-018
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Monday, October 21, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 36 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Gross monthly salary between 2695 and 3841 Euros depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The hired person will work in the ERC SHRED project which aims at understanding the origin of the source of plume volcanism and the processes allowing the presence of Hadean-age materials in some of these sources. The recruited person will be responsible for the development of analytical methods and the acquisition of high precision isotopic data (isotopic anomalies of neodymium or tungsten).
Activities will include:
- development of new analytical methods in isotope geochemistry
- analysis of geological samples
- validation and interpretation of data
- presentation of results in international conferences
- writing articles
- participation in the development and conduct of the research project within the framework of the ERC SHRED
The skills expected by the person recruited for this position are as follows :
- Excellent background in isotope geochemistry.
- Good knowledge of chromatographic separation techniques and good clean room work practices
- Good knowledge of high precision isotope measurement techniques (MC-IPCMS and / or TIMS)
- English read, write and speak fluently.
- Good integration into a research team
- Analytical reasoning, innovation and decision-making capabilities
The recruited person will join the European project ERC SHRED team led by Catherine Chauvel. More generally, he/she will work on a daily basis with the engineers, researchers and students who use IPGP clean rooms and isotopic measuring instruments.
Constraints and risks
Use of strong mineral acids, work in clean lab environment.
We talk about it on Twitter!