Reference : UMR7114-ILHBEN-003
Workplace : NANTERRE
Date of publication : Monday, June 13, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2720€ à 3004€
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The post-doctoral fellow will work under the supervision of Delphine Battistelli and Nathalie Blanc in the framework of the Text to Kids project selected and funded by the Agence Nationale de la Recherche. The Text to Kids project raises the following major question: how to translate the notion of "complexity" of a text into an objective measure, quantifiable by "elementary" descriptors?
The project includes a work-package dedicated to the collection of data from elementary school students placed in a real situation of reading/listening to texts, their comprehension of these texts being examined through classical tasks like statements judgment task.
The construction of an experimental material corresponding to the targeted research questions as well as the stages of scientific validation of this material or the characterization of the cues that take part in the readability and accessibility of the texts are at the heart of the programmed experiments.
The work to be done can be divided into three activities:
- Consolidation of the corpus of texts and preparation of experiments: this activity aims to consolidate the corpus of texts selected within the framework of the project and to refine the knowledge of the cues that contribute to the readability and accessibility of texts for a public of young readers
- Implementation of experiments in class to test the material and to promote the identification of cues used in the comprehension of texts (different categories of texts to be compared; different cues to be compared)
- Collection, analysis and writing of the results: during this stage, the conditions of data collection in class will be established, the formatting of the data to conduct the necessary statistical analyses and the realization of these treatments.
- Recent PhD in developmental psychology
- Good knowledge of methods for implementing classroom experiments at the elementary school level
- Good knowledge of the necessary steps to complete before any classroom experimentation
- Good knowledge of statistical data processing methods in psychology
- Computer skills in statistical processing software
- Fluency in French and in English both written and oral
- At least one publication related to the proposed tasks (see missions)
The person recruited will join the "Corpus-based modelling" team of the Modyco research unit (CNRS, UMR 7114). The MoDyCo laboratory (UMR 7114) favours collaborations between three of its axes in particular: Modelling, Dynamics of uses and variability of language practices, Corpus (maintenance and development of existing corpora, creation and exploitation of new corpora).
A working office will be made available.
Constraints and risks
Short periods of travel within France and abroad should be expected.
We talk about it on Twitter!