Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7104-GUEBUR-006
Workplace : ILLKIRCH GRAFFENSTADEN
Date of publication : Friday, January 24, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Salary from 2423,47 euros brut monthly, commensurate based on the experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The engineer will develop and put in place techniques for preparing samples and collecting data as part of cryo-EM projects run on the cryo-EM platform at the Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology (IGBMC) and as part of the national and European infrastructures FRISBI (French Infrastructure for Integrated Structural Biology) and Instruct-ERIC hosted at the Centre for Integrative Biology.
- Coordinate and implement new high-resolution cryo electron microscopy (cryo-ME) techniques in biology within the IGBMC in the context of the French biology infrastructure for structural biology (FRISBI) and the European infrastructure Instruct-ERIC
- Implement and use cryo electron microscopes of the platform
- Train and support the users of the platform for the instruments platform
- Advise users on methodological approaches, sample preparation and image analysis methods
- Exploit and develop the resources of the high-resolution electronic cryo-microscopes dedicated to molecular and cellular imaging for biomedical research
- Manage external users including training, saving data for their projects, and writing experience reports
- Optimize experimental conditions
- Writing of publications and reports of experiments
- Provide technological and scientific monitoring in the field of cryo electron microscopy for biological applications (single particles, cryo electron tomography)
- Disseminate and promote technological results and achievements in the form of reports, patents, publications, oral presentations, training
- have a PhD
- have a strong background in cryo electron microscopy including associated cryo methods
- have strong background in sample and grid preparation
- have strong background in data acquisition and processing software
- have a strong background in image processing and 3D reconstruction
- have a basic knowledge of the other techniques in Structural Biology
- Possess a good interpersonal skills
- scientific English is required
The person to be recruited will work at the Centre for Integrative Biology / IGBMC http://www.igbmc.fr/ on the Instruct-ERIC/FRISBI platform http://frisbi.eu/centers/instruct-center-france-1-igbmc in tight interaction with research teams of the Department for Structural Integrated Biology of IGBMC http://www.igbmc.fr/research/department/3/.
He/She will directly interact with the scientific head of the Instruct-ERIC/FRISBI platform, and the head and engineers who are working on the microscopy module (3 engineers).
The candidate may be asked to present his/her results at seminars and conferences.
We talk about it on Twitter!