Reference : UMR7104-FLOLES-004
Workplace : ILLKIRCH GRAFFENSTADEN
Date of publication : Wednesday, May 4, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2130,56 euros
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
-The open position aims at strengthening the interaction between Domiconus, a company specializing in the production and valorization of marine cone venoms, and the proteomics platform at IGBMC.
The engineer will be responsible for the development and implementation of methods associated with the production and characterization of active products for therapeutic purposes.
• Provide bibliographic monitoring
• Carry out methodological developments
• Plan and execute venom fractionation and characterization experiments (HPLC and LC-MS)
• Organize the production (synthetic and/or recombinant) of peptides and their characterization by LC-MS
• Conduct a proteomic study of venom glands
• Analyze and document results
• Write scientific reports and scientific articles
• Theoretical and practical knowledge in proteomic analysis.
• knowledge of informatic tools for analyzing “omics” data
• Ability to work independently and lead a research project.
• knowledge of project management tools
• Ability to communicate (written and oral in French and English)
• knowledge of scientific English
Domiconus explores the fascinating world of marine cone venoms to unravel the medicine of the future. Recognized as a Young Innovative Company, the company has 7 employees and 2 students, divided between the aquaculture farm in Obermorschwiller, which ensures the production of venoms, and the BiotechLab of the Ecole Supérieure de Biotechnologie de Strasbourg. Domiconus research also relies on academic research teams and renowned technology platforms such as the Proteomics platform of the IGBMC in Strasbourg (3 nanoLC-MS/MS systems, analytical and preparative HPLC).
The selected candidate has experience or wishes to be trained in the drug discovery field. He is autonomous, flexible and proactive, with good interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
He will join a skilled team consisting of molecular biologists, pharmacologists and a computational biologist to strengthen the heart of the Domiconus' Research and Development ecosystem. He will be located for 20% of the working time at the IGBMC for carrying out proteomic studies.
We talk about it on Twitter!