Intitulé de l'offre : Cryo-electron microscopy engineer M/W (H/F)
Référence : UMR7104-BETMOI-013
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : ILLKIRCH GRAFFENSTADEN
Date de publication : vendredi 15 septembre 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Technique/Administratif
Durée du contrat : 12 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 6 octobre 2023
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : From €2,810.67 gross per month depending on experience
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 7 - (Bac+5 et plus)
Expérience souhaitée : 1 à 4 années
BAP : Sciences du vivant, de la terre et de l'environnement
Emploi type : Ingénieur-e biologiste en plateforme scientifique
Engineer develop and technical implementations for cryo electron microscopy sample preparation, data acquisition and processing for multifaceted projects (single particle analysis and cryo-tomography) on the platform for integrated structural biology of the Centre for Integrative Biology (CBI) / Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology (IGBMC) that hosts the national and European infrastructures FRISBI (French Infrastructure for Integrated Structural Biology), EquipEx+ France-Cryo-EM, iNEXT-Discovery and Instruct-ERIC.
- Implement new cryo electron microscopy (cryo-ME) techniques in structural biology in the context of the French biology infrastructure for structural biology (FRISBI) and the European infrastructures iNEXT-Discovery & Instruct-ERIC
- Train and support the users on the platform instruments including for methodological approaches, sample preparation and image analysis methods
- Exploit and develop the resources of the high-resolution cryo electron microscopes dedicated to molecular and cellular imaging for biomedical research
- Manage external users including training, data collection & backup for their projects
- Writing of publications and reports of experiments
- Provide technological and scientific monitoring in the field of cryo electron microscopy for biological applications (single particles, cryo electron tomography)
- Disseminate and promote technological results and achievements in the form of reports, patents, publications, oral presentations, training
- Develop new, innovative approach for sample preparation and imaging (tomography, micro-ED).
- PhD or engineering degree delivered by a French certified school
Strong skills in:
- Cryo electron microscopy including and associated methods
- Sample and grid preparation
- Data acquisition and processing software
- Image processing and 3D reconstruction
- Basic knowledge of the other techniques in Structural Biology
- Use specific software: Cryo-EM image processing software (i.e. Relion/cryoSPARC). Linux. Use of SerialIEM/EPU software is a plus,
- Design of experimental devices,
- Writing scientific documents (presentations, reports)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Fluent scientific English is required (level B1/B2)
- Organizational skills
- Ability to reason analytically and synthesize,
- Autonomy, rigour and reactivity,
- Team spirit,
Contexte de travail
The CNRS (National Centre for Scientific Research), which has been awarded the HR Excellence in Research label, is one of the world's largest multidisciplinary public research organisations. The IGBMC (Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology), one of the main European institutes in biomedicine research (600 people) is a joint research center associated with the CNRS, INSERM and the University of Strasbourg.
The person recruited will work at the Centre for Integrative Biology / IGBMC (https://www.igbmc.fr/plateformes-technologiques/biologie-structurale-integree) in tight interaction with research teams of the Department for Structural Integrated Biology of IGBMC (http://www.igbmc.fr/research/department/3/).
He or she will directly interact with the scientific head of the Instruct-ERIC/FRISBI platform, and with the staff of the microscopy module (3 engineers).
He or she may be asked to present his/her results at seminars and conferences. This activity will be likely to increase in the coming months
The candidate's research topic will be syncytial cell biology.
Please applied on the CNRS website and do not use IGBMC's e-mail.