Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7042-ARMPAN-001
Workplace : STRASBOURG
Date of publication : Friday, February 08, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 29 March 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2555,39 euros gross monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The project aims at preparing new organic species based on sulfur at the +VI oxidation level, at characterizing them and at using them in the metathesis of carbon-element multiple bonds.
- Bibliographic search and watch
- Synthesis and characterization of new organic compounds
- Development of new stoichiometric then catalytic reactions
- Writing of reports and of publication drafts
- Presentation of results (at meetings, seminars, symposia, …)
- Involvement in collective duties of the laboratory (e.g. monitoring og the stocks of consumables, person in charge of a shared equipment, etc.)
- PhD in organic chemistry
- Organic synthesis
- Handling of polar organometallic compounds (Li, Mg)
- Schlenk techniques
- Purification of organic compounds (chromatography, crystallization, etc.) and of oxygen- and moisture-sensitive species
- Characterization of the species obtained (1D and 2D NMR of various nuclei, infrared spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, …)
- Autonomy, anticipation, proactive spirit, spirit of initiative, being a source of proposals, teamwork skills
The candidate woill be working in the "Chimie Organique et Hétérochimie Appliquées" team (COHA) of the Laboratoire d'Innovation Moléculaire et Applications (LIMA – UMR CNRS 7042, lima.unistra.fr) in Strasbourg. The LIMA LIMA is the biggest research department fully dedicated to research in molecular chemistry in Alsace. The overall scientific aim of the laboratory is to develop innovative methods in synthesis, validate new therapeutic strategies, and apply them in different areas (bioorganic and pharmaceutical chemistry, eco-responsible chemistry and material chemistry).
Constraints and risks
The candidate must have started his or her contract by 29 March 2019 at the latest. Please take into account the time required to issue a residence permit authorizing work in France.
The applicant should provide a cover letter, a CV (including the scientific production), a short research summary and the contact information of 2 references.
The deadline for applications is February 15, 2019.
We talk about it on Twitter!