Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7041-GASPAG-002
Workplace : NANTERRE
Date of publication : Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 10 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2700 à 3200 euros
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The FERMAPYR FEDER program aims to provide a synthesis of the iron industry in the eastern half of the Pyrenees over a long period of time: from the Ariège to the Pyrénées-Orientales (France); from Antiquity to the mid 17th century. It is based on an interdisciplinary treatment of data: archaeological surveys and polls; examination of archive collections; laboratory work (typological and archaeometric studies of the finds); recording of data in a computerized and shared database; restitution and dissemination of results.
The mission of the CDD will be to implement the laboratory work and archaeometric analyses of the FERMAPYR program. This will be done in direct collaboration with the coordinator and the members of the FERMAPYR FEDER program (GAMA, UMR 7041 ArScAn and LAPA: UMR 5060 IRAMAT and UMR3685 NIMBE).
The activities will consist of :
- Photographic and photogrammetric documentation of the typo-morphology of the analyzed objects
- Metallographic analyses of ferrous artefacts (sample preparation, optical and scanning electron microscope observations)
- Physico-chemical analyses of major and trace elements by EDS coupled to the scanning electron microscope and ICP-MS by laser ablation
- Statistical intercomparisons of the results obtained with the laboratories' reference materials (reduction slag)
- Writing of scientific reports and publications and presentation of results at conferences and seminars
- Iron paleometallurgy and metallographic analysis
- Optical microscopy, microhardness
- Scanning electron microscopy and coupled EDS spectroscopy
- Basics of La-ICP-MS analysis
- Basic statistical methods (PCA, LDA, CHA,...)
- Writing skills
- Basics of the history of the iron and steel industry
The laboratory work will be carried out mainly in the ArScAn (UMR7041)and NIMBE (UMR3685) located on the CEA Saclay site where the person will be based. Occasional but regular missions will be planned at the IRAMAT site in Orléans for ICP-MS analyses and at the other project partners.
Constraints and risks
Missions to the various partner laboratories and in the field are expected. Compliance with the internal regulations of the CEA Saclay site. Availability and flexibility are required for the position. Good interpersonal skills are also required to facilitate the numerous exchanges inherent to the position.
We talk about it on Twitter!