Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7018-CECFOU-010
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 December 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2728 & 3881 euros gross monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
In the context of the project ChaSpeePro run in collaboration with the University of Geneva, the Hopitaux Universitaires de Genève and the Idiap Institute, the Laboratoire de Phonétique et Phonologie* (LPP – CNRS/Sorbonne Nouvelle) in Paris is offering a post-doctoral position for 2-years with a possible extension of 2 more years. Ideally the position would start from December 2021, but later starting date might be considered.
The general goal of the project is to better characterize the processes linked to the encoding of invariant speech units into articulated speech, and their disorders (in dysarthria and apraxia of speech). This project follows the MoSpeeDi project described here: https://www.unige.ch/fapse/mospeedi/.
Within the scope of this project, articulatory and acoustic data will be collected at the LPP to investigate questions related to:
1) The temporal organization and coordination of speech units at different levels (e.g., gesture, syllable, word, phrases)
2) Stability and flexibility of the speech production system (e.g., speaker-specific strategies and adaptation to different speech task demands)
3) Articulatory vs. acoustic manifestations of spatio-temporal reductions in speech
Please send your application as a single PDF including: (1) a one-page motivation letter linking your interest in joining the project to your past research experience and skills, (2) a full CV, (3) name and email of 2 persons we could contact for recommendation, and, (4) a link to a copy of your PhD thesis.
The candidate will join the team on one (or more) of the above-mentioned research questions.
He/She will be involved in the design of the experiments, data collection and analysis, and dissemination of results. Further, he/she will support the PI in the coordination of the project.
Applicants should hold a PhD in Linguistics, Speech Engineering, Cognitive Sciences or related disciplines (equivalent diploma to be discussed).
- Experience with EMA or other articulatory data acquisition systems
- Competence in acoustic analysis
- Good knowledge of models of speech production and motor control, and/or speech motor disorders.
- Strong competence in statistical analyses
- Organizational and collaborative skills
- Academic proficiency in English
- Programming skills (Matlab, Python or R; C/C++ and Labview) is an advantage.
Within this Swiss-French collaborative project, the candidate will join the team under the supervision of Cécile Fougeron and in close collaboration with Anne Hermes and Leonardo Lancia.
The Laboratoire de Phonétique et Phonologie (CNRS / Sorbonne Nouvelle, https://lpp.in2p3.fr/) is a research and teaching unit in experimental phonetics and phonology. It is located in the 5th arrondissement in Paris. It offers a diverse and fair working environment in a small and dynamic lab.
We talk about it on Twitter!