Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR7010-PATVIG0-001
Workplace : VALBONNE
Date of publication : Tuesday, November 9, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2690-3100 euros gross for less than 2 years experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The expected work of the recruited postoc will be to participate in theoretical research on the physics of unidimensional quantum gases, within the framework of an ANR project, with the aim of an application to two different experiments of project partners (experiment of ultracold atoms on a chip in Villetaneuse, quantum fluid of light experiment in Paris). The theoretical work will be done in collaboration with the team of Anna Minguzzi (LPMMC, Grenoble) where the postdoc may have the opportunity to continue this work for another 18 months.
- Theoretical studies of Lieb-Liniger gas in different cases: finite or zero temperatures, equilibrium or dynamics, calculations of equilibrium quantities, correlation functions or spectra by analytical or numerical methods (main task, responsibility shared with the project managers)
- Redaction of articles for publication of the results obtained (main task, responsibility shared with the project managers)
- Presentation of results through participation in conferences and schools (secondary task)
- Participation in the supervision of internship or PhD students (secondary task)
- Previous work in condensed matter, correlated quantum systems in low dimension
- Ability to use and develop analytical or numerical methods for these systems
- Ability to work in a team
- Degree of mastery expected, prior PhD work on these subjects.
The INPHYNI laboratory, headed by Guillaume Huyet, is located in the Nice region in the south of France, on two sites, in Nice and in Sophia Antipolis. The main workplace will be located in Sophia Antipolis. The laboratory is developing numerous research activities around the themes of waves, quantum physics, photonics, non-linear physics, complex fluids, and biophysics. The person hired will work in the Theoretical Physics team of the laboratory headed by Frédéric Hébert and as part of the ANR project led by Patrizia Vignolo.
Constraints and risks
The position, corresponding to theoretical work, does not present any particular constraints or risks.
We talk about it on Twitter!