Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6634-CHRVUR-022
Workplace : ST ETIENNE DU ROUVRAY CEDE
Date of publication : Monday, November 16, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 9 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between EUR 2 643 and 3 766 gross monthly salary according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
For the IFROST project (RIN Tremplin – Région Normandie), the recruited researcher will develop new correlative microscopy methods to:
- Identify specific nanostructures (quantum wells or dots, defects) within optoelectronic devices
- Study the structure and the optical and / or electrical properties of these nanostructures
- Establish a connection between the structural properties of nanostructures and their optical properties
In particular, the research program aims at the study by several microscopy techniques of an individual nano-object, to identify and isolate in a nanoscale volume, be it of the thin blade type or emission peak of field.
The researcher may also establish a connection between the microscopic analysis and the characteristics of the systems containing the nanostructures studied, by electrical characterization (current-voltage curves) or electro-optical (current-intensity curves).
- Development of correlative microscopy methodologies (responsible, main task)
- Identification of regions containing defects by standard scanning electron microscopy, electron beam induced beam imaging, cathodoluminescence imaging and spectroscopy. (responsible, main task)
- Fabrication using the Focused Ion Beam (FIB) of samples analyzed by Tomographic Atomic Probe (SAT) and Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM). (responsible, main task)
- Sample analysis by SAT coupled with micro-photoluminescence spectroscopy (μPL) (secondary task)
- Sample analysis by SAT and MET. (responsible, main task)
- Calculation of electronic states by dedicated digital tools (e.g software nextnano) (secondary task)
- Publication of the results on international newspapers following the writing of scientific articles.
- PhD in Physics, Materials Science or Engineering
- (Not compulsory) Experience of> 2 years in research professions after obtaining a doctorate degree
- Experience (>= 3 years), during his PhD or post-doctorate, in two or more of these techniques: Atom Probe Tomography (APT), Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM), Nano-fabrication by Focused Ion Beam (FIB) ), Spectroscopy and Cathodoluminescence (CL) imaging.
- In-depth knowledge of semiconductor physics, in particular applied to optoelectronic devices
For the adaptation to the position, GPM offers annual APT and TEM training.
The GPM (Group of Physics of Materials, UMR CNRS 6634) is structured in 5 departments: Materials-Aging-Mechanics, Scientific Instrumentation, Nanosciences, Disordered-Polymer Systems and Nano-Health-Physics. It brings together 160 staff including 60 Teachers-Researchers, 30 ITAs and 70 PhD students / PostDoct / Trainees. The laboratory is located on the Campus of Sciences and Engineering Rouen Normandy (in Rouen), in the University of Rouen Normandy and INSA Rouen Normandy (7000m2).
The recruited researcher will be attached to the Instrumentation Department, Research Team in Scientific Instrumentation (5 teacher-researchers, 3 IR, 2 IE, 4 PhD students), and will be required to collaborate with the research teams. Department Nanosciences.
Constraints and risks
Risks related to Lasers, Cryogenics, Chemical Treatments (use of acids and bases possible)
9 months contract of employment maximum (end of research contract : 30-09-2021)
We talk about it on Twitter!