Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6613-SANCHA-001
Workplace : LE MANS
Date of publication : Friday, November 22, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 3 February 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2 617 € à 3 729 € monthly gross according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The postdoctoral researcher will be part of the transversal axe of research “Metamaterials” at LAUM leaded by Dr. Vicent Romero-García. This team develops and manages the research on acoustic wave propagation in acoustic metamaterial at LAUM.
He/she will work under the supervision of Dr. Vicent Romero-García and Dr. Jean Philippe Groby within the framework of the Hypermeta project which aim is to understand, fabricate and characterize advanced materials based on correlated disorder with wave properties coming from the structure of the material. In particular, properly engineered acoustic metamaterials with correlated disorder will be developed for design of multifunctional materials. Hypermeta is a twofold project covering both theoretical and experimental aspects. Different concepts, clearly in rupture with existing ones, will be efficiently employed to develop such advanced materials. Hypermeta is research project (Étoiles Montantes) funded by Région Pays de la Loire.
During this contract, the postdoc will develop theoretical tools to control the scattering of a many resonant particle configuration based on both multiple scattering theory and numerical simulations. Several configurations will be analyzed, for example, to obtain isotropic band gaps even with systems that seem to be disordered. The analyzed configurations will be manufactured and experimentally tested.
The obtained results should produce a publication of one or more individual and/or joint articles on the analyses of the data collected during the project.
• Sound knowledge of the techniques applied in the field, ideally with experience in multiple scattering theory.
• Language skills: Fluent English and/or French, both written and spoken are required.
• Writing skills, ability to formulate a scientific project, and to publish and promote their research.
• Aptitude for working in a team on multi-disciplinary projects
• Ability to work while respecting rules and procedures.
• Ability to work independently, organizational ability and ability to account for one's own actions.
• Candidates must hold a doctorate in a Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical engineering or equivalent field and proven research skills evidenced by at least two publication as the first/joint first or second author relating to the subject or activities of the project.
The postdoc will be hosted by Laboratorie d'Acoustique de l'Université du Mans (LAUM), a joint research unit between the Le Mans Université and CNRS, UMR 6613 (section 9, Institut des sciences de l'ingénierie et des systèmes, INSIS). LAUM has about 160 employees including 60 full-time researchers and professors-researchers. It is a leading institution in Acoustics, with a unique ensemble of equipment for general acoustics. It is associated with CNRS, the National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) in France.
Constraints and risks
Short periods of travel within France and abroad should be expected for conference and collaborations. Travels will be fund by the project.
We talk about it on Twitter!