Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6533-PHICRO-001
Workplace : AUBIERE
Date of publication : Monday, March 09, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 3017 EUR gross
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Postdoctoral position in the ALICE experiment at the CERN-LHC.
The candidate will work in the ALICE team at LPC. The ALICE team in Laboratoire de Physique de Clermont (LPC) is strongly involved in the muon spectrometer of the experiment. Physics studies are focused on heavy-quarks (charm and beauty) measurements with muons detected in the spectrometer. Technical activities are focused on the electronics associated to the Muon Identifier and on a new detector, the Muon Forward Tracker (MFT), which will be installed in 2020 in front of the spectrometer.
The activities of the candidate will include
* Participation to the MFT project (main activity)
- Development of software for MFT data reconstruction and analysis for the LHC Run 3 (from mid-2021). Involvement in Physics Data Challenge.
- Performance studies for separating charm and beauty in the (di-)muon channel.
* Run 2 and 3 data analysis in the (di-)muon channel
- The physics channel will be left opened to the candidate depending on his expertise in order to allow him to quickly converge. It will however need to be inline with the data analyses already developed the team.
- Very good knowledge of relativistic heavy-ion collisions
- Very good knowledge of object oriented programming and distributed computing
- Good knowledge of the operation of a high-energy physics experiment and of CERN
The ALICE team at LPC is composed of 7 permanent staff (2 CNRS researchers and 5 teacher-researchers) and 2 PhD students. In addition to the activities listed above, the candidate will participate to general activities of the team: student supervision, online monitoring of the detector during data taking ('shifts') onsite, regular travels to CERN to attend collaboration meetings.
The candidate should send:
• CV with publication list
• Motivation letter
• 3 recommendation letters.
We talk about it on Twitter!