Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6524-AUDCHA-003
Workplace : CLERMONT FERRAND
Date of publication : Monday, December 02, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 4 months
Expected date of employment : 6 January 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2617 et 3017 brut
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The person will have to finalize and promote through scientific publications the work carried out in the experimental petrology group of the Magmas et Volcans laboratory. The experiments concern the measurement of partition coefficients of trace elements between metal and silicate phases under extreme conditions of pressure, temperature and oxygen fugacity.
- Finalize HP, HT experiments using the French national multi-anvil facility in Clermont-Ferrand.
- Geochemical measurements by LA-ICPMS
- knowledge of experimental petrology techniques
- knowledge of analytical methods based on spectrometers with ICP sources,
- knowledge of the statistical tools required to assess the quality of results,
- be able to communicate in English,
- ability to work in a team while being able to work independently,
- be able to write a scientific article
This project is part of a European project (ERC Consolidor Grant). The aim here is to finalize a scientific experimental petrology project carried out over the last 3 years.
We talk about it on Twitter!