Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6508-ELIVAN-026
Workplace : CAEN
Date of publication : Wednesday, October 02, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 2 December 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2643 and 3766 euros monthly gross according to expérience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The project is on the experimental investigation of thermoelectric properties in hybrid materials. The main task will be to investigate the electronic and thermal transport in these materials, from 2K to 400K, with magnetic fields up to 14T. The post-doctoral fellow will work in strong interaction with the solid state chemists involved in this project for the synthesis and structural characterization. Solid state synthesis may be perfomed as well.
- Optimization of electrical and thermal contacts.
- Electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity, Seebeck coefficient and Hall effect measurements.
- Magnetic measurements.
- Interpretation of transport and magnetism properties.
- Background in Condensed Matter Physics and good knowledge in Solid State Chemistry.
- Skills in electrical and thermal transport experiments.
- Skills and/or knowledge in materials synthesis.
- Knowledge in cryogenics.
- Good writing, communication and organisation skills.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and oral.
The post-doctoral fellow will work at CRISMAT laboratory, supervised by Sylvie Hébert, in close collaboration with Guillaume Fleury from LCPO laboratory from Bordeaux. This is a joint project between Labex EMC3 (Caen) and Labex AMADEus (Bordeaux).
We talk about it on Twitter!