Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6506-JEAGIL-002
Workplace : CAEN
Date of publication : Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 3 February 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 3000 - 3500 euro gross montly
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The selected candidate will manage the day-to-day activities encompassing the preparation and characterization of amorphous or slighltly organized supports to be be loaded with metallocenes and used in olefins polymerization.
- Exhaustive litterature review (patents included)
- setting up with the supervisors a detailed research program
- Execution of the experimental work in close contact with the relevant technical staff.
- Weekly presentation of highlights to the supervisors.
- Preparation of presentations and quarterly reviews to the industrial partner
- Synthesis and modification of micro- and meso-porous silica-based materials
- Usual characterization techniques of micro-and meso-porous materials, including IR, UV-VIS et NMR spectroscopies
- Relation between these properties and the catalytic activity evaluated by our industrial partner
LCS is a world-renowed laboratory in the field of micro- and meso-porous materials and its staff is multinational and multicultural. We are well financed by public agencies and private comapnies in hte fields of catalysis, separations related to the enrgy and chemicals transition
Constraints and risks
Spectroscopic characterization use sometimes probe molecules and some are toxic (CO, NO...); their use is conditionned to an in-hose training and vetting.
We talk about it on Twitter!