Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6506-JEAGIL-001
Workplace : CAEN
Date of publication : Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 6 January 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 3000 - 3500 euro gross montly
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The candidate will manage the day to day apsects of this study encompassing the synthesis, characterization and catalytic evaluation of zeolitic catalysts; the structure of these zeolites is already known and their properties will be fine-tuned during their syntesis and post-synthesis treatments.
- Litterature and patent survey
- Setting up the research program with the supervisors
- Doing the experimental work in coordination wiht the technical staff
- Weekly breifing of the salient features of the project to the supervisors
- Prepartion and presentation of quarterly reports with the industrial partner
- Synthesis of zeolites and their post-synthesis modifications
- Characterization of micro- and meso-porous materials, including IR and NMR spectroscopies
- Evaluation of the catalytic performances of the materials aboce and their relations with the preparation and physico-chemical characterizationtions
The LCS is a world renowed laboratory in the field of zeolites and microporous materials; it is a multi-national and -cultural environment. We are a well funded laboratory, from private comapnies and public agencies, having an impact in catalysis, separation in hte general framework of the energy and chemicals transitions.
Constraints and risks
Zeolite synthesis tales place often under pressure and alkaine conditions. The safety regulations are therefore strict and should be followed in a professional way.
Spectroscipic cagaracterization takes often place with probe molecules, some of which are toxic (CO, NO...) and their use should be done only after a proper in-house training and vetting. Catalytic tests take place at low pressures (< 30 bar) and all relevant security rules need to be respected.
We talk about it on Twitter!