Reference : UMR6502-OLIJOU-004
Workplace : NANTES
Date of publication : Monday, July 25, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 21 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between € 2,690 and € 3,820 gross monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The post-doc will be part of the team "Stockage et Transformations Electrochimiques de l'Energie (ST2E)" (dir. O. Joubert) at the Institut des Matériaux de Nantes Jean Rouxel (IMN, UMR CNRS-Nantes Université 6502); in the "hydrogen & Fuel cells" group. He(she) will work under the supervision of Olivier Joubert, Annie Le Gal La salle, Eric Quarez and Clément Nicollet in the frame of the CELCER-EHT ANR project, one of the 7 projects of the PEPER-H2 French National program. Celcer-EHT focuses on materials and processes in order to increase their lifetime, improve their performance and decreasing cost. The work will focus on the development of electrode materials, both hydrogen and air electrode.
The main missions are:
- Do the experimental part of the project including syntheses and characterization of materials, electrochemical tests and performance measurements in electrolysis mode….
- Interpret the experimental results. Compare these results in relation to the literature.
- Write reports relating to experimental conditions and results. Write articles.
- Communicate (present the results during project meetings or in congresses)
The main activities of the recruited person are materials synthesis and characterization by a set of physico - chemical techniques to determine the composition, the crystalline structure, the microstructure and the electrochemical properties. Performance optimization will be carried out in a rational manner, which will require understanding the reaction mechanisms in order to establish the link between structure and properties which will make it possible to adjust chemical and structural formulations and characteristics. He (she) will also be led to measure electrochemical performance of single-cells.
• PhD in materials chemistry and electrochemistry applied to energy conversion and/or storage.
• Strong knowledge in electrochemistry (fuel cells and electrolysers), and physico-chemical (XRD, BET, TGA, SEM) and electrochemical (EIS, IV) characterizations of ceramic materials
• Operational know-how: synthesis of ceramic powders, electrode slurry preparation
• Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Fluency in French is a plus.
• Ability to handle ideas and concepts, taste for exploratory research
• Ability to position the work done with respect to the state of the art
• Ability to produce independent and original research in the area
• Ability to communicate, argue, analyse, summarise. Critical mind
• Writing abilities, ability to publish and promote his(her) research
• High autonomy, initiative, multi-task, organisational skills, efficient time management
• Ability to work as part of a team, skills in collaborative work on multidisciplinary projects, reporting skills
• Ability to work in compliance with safety rules and procedures, ability to work on deadlines, adaptability, flexibility
• Ability to learn, openness to skills development
The candidate will access to all the characterization techniques available in the laboratory and will benefit of the know-how of experts in the fields of materials for the storage and conversion of electrical energy, the scientific life of the ST2E team (https://www.cnrs-imn.fr) and the laboratory.
We talk about it on Twitter!