Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6457-SOPDEP-020
Workplace : NANTES
Date of publication : Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2690 € bruts et 3821 € monthly gross salary depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The SUBATECH theory group is currently working on a comprehensive theoretical interpretation of the open flavor data as well as on theoretical approaches to understand the hidden heavy flavor observables, such as J/psi and Y, which have been recently measured by the various LHC and RHIC experiments. The candidate takes an active part in developing our theoretical approach and in comparing it with experimental data
The candidate will be responsible for
- to further develop our theoretical approaches to open and hidden heavy flavor physics that we have developed to describe heavy flavor particles in pp pA and AA collisions
- apply our current models (using the new EPOS4 event generator) to describe experimental observables
- Take part in the overall research of the heavy flavor theory group at SUBATECH.
The candidate will participate in conferences, in the writing of papers, in the realization of posters
The candidate should have a PhD in physics
Expected skills of the candidate:
- Have a solid knowledge of heavy ion physics currently performed at the LHC and RHIC gas pedals
- Have a strong theoretical background in the field of open and hidden heavy ion physics
- Experience in running large numerical simulation programs
Be interested in solving or modeling physical problems in the context of heavy ion collisions.
- Be able to integrate in a team and to adhere to a common project
- Be autonomous,
- Be fluent in English (reading, speaking, writing)
- Be able to communicate and valorize the results
The candidate will have to support the heavy flavor activities of the high energy theory group. Their activity was until now concentrated on the open physics of heavy flavor, whose different aspects have been discussed in a multitude of papers. The arrival of the EPOS4 event generator, in which our heavy flavor physics program is integrated, will allow more detailed studies. At the same time, we have also recently developed a new approach to describe the hidden heavy flavor mesons in heavy ion reactions. The candidate is expected to engage him/herself in these studies
All applications must be submitted through the JOB PORTAL, which provides for the submission of a CV and a cover letter only.
The high energy theory group is composed of 8 permanent senior researchers, 2 postdocs and 4 PhD students. More general information is available on our website http://www-subatech.in2p3.fr.
The position starts on 1.3.2022 and ends on 1.10.2023.
For further information, please contact Prof. J. Aichelin (email@example.com, tel. +33 2 51 85 84 09).
The high energy theory group is composed of 8 permanent senior researchers, 2 postdocs and 4 PhD students. Further general information can be found on our website http://www-subatech.in2p3.fr.
The position starts on 1.3.2022 and ends at 1.10.2023.
Candidates should send a CV, a statement of their research interests and two letters of recommendation to Prof. J. Aichelin.
For further information please contact Prof. J. Aichelin (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +33 2 51 85 84 09).
We talk about it on Twitter!