Reference : UMR6283-CHRBER-003
Workplace : LE MANS
Date of publication : Monday, September 19, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 4 months
Expected date of employment : 10 October 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2583€ and 3144€ (gross wage)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The engineer will contribute to the development of AFM in circular mode for applications in biology and well-being (cosmetics,...) and will bring his/her expertise on the implementation of AFM measurements in liquid medium and in the preparation of bio-mimetic samples.
The engineer will carry out experiments on bio-mimetic objects (membrane, synthetic skin...) and will develop the circular mode atomic force microscopy technique in liquid medium.
The engineer will participate in a reflection on
- the development of original protocols (choice of substrates, choice of the surrounding environment, adhesion of the object to the substrate...) for the measurement of properties of biological objects (essentially bio-mimetic objects) in the physiological environment by atomic force microscopy in liquid medium
- the characterization of physical, mechanical, topological and structural properties of biological objects
- the search for original technical solutions or in relation to the existing one to make the AFM evolve in circular mode
- the drafting of patents and the establishment of a database of industrial or academic partners.
- PhD in physics or biophysics.
- Knowledge of liquid atomic force microscopy (experience in AFM measurement in circular mode is a plus)
- Knowledge of experimental protocols specific to biological objects;
- English level B2 to C1 (written and oral communication skills, Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. It is not necessary to have passed the certification, proof of publications and participation in international conferences is sufficient).
- Have knowledge of industrial property.
Know how to :
- know how to perform AFM measurements in liquid media
- know how to make bio-mimetic samples for analysis by atomic force microscopy in liquid medium.
Know how to be:
- Be creative, able to propose technical solutions, to adapt to the problem,
- Be tenacious and rigorous
- Have a scientific approach
- Have good interpersonal skills
Provision of a laptop and a desk.
Constraints and risks
Main interlocutors: project coordinator and partners of CNRS innovation. No particular constraints or risks.
We talk about it on Twitter!