Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6252-SARCOL-008
Workplace : CAEN
Date of publication : Thursday, June 3, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2670 and 3800€ gross monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : Higher than 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The post-doc will characterize, within CIMAP and in partnership with the nearby CRISMAT laboratory, the thin layers of the new transparent conductor SrVO3 deposited by large-area Pulsed Laser Deposition, from the point of view of structural, optical and electrical.
The open position will address specifically:
- The synthesis of thin films by Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD) on large surfaces
- The structural, optical and electrical characterization of the properties of the thin films
- The optimization of the deposition conditions so as to obtain excellent performances and homogeneity
- The publication of scientific articles
The candidates should have the following education/skills:
- A PhD in condensed matter chemistry, condensed matter physics or material science
- A solid background in the growth of complex oxide thin films by PVD techniques, preferably by Pulsed Laser Deposition
- Background on the thin films characterization and specifically on transparent conductors is strongly appreciated
- Team work and organizational skills
The CIMAP research center is based at CAEN and devoted to ions, materials and photonics subject areas. The post-doc will be integrated in the NIMPH team (Nanomaterials, Ions and Metamaterials for Photonics), integrating researchers working in the field of synthesis and characterization of thin films.
The position is part of the PLDsurf project, in partnership with CRISMAT LAb, also based in CAEN. This project aims to synthesize large surface SrVO3 thin films with excellent functional properties, comparable with those of standard transparent conductors.
Once the thin films have been deposited by CRISMAT, the post-doc will be in charge of characterizing the films structurally, optically and electrically within CIMAP.
The city of Caen is located about 250 km west of Paris. It is accessible by car, train or plane; passing mainly through Paris. In addition, connections with England are available by ferry.
Constraints and risks
Travel in France and abroad to be foreseen.
We talk about it on Twitter!