Intitulé de l'offre : Research assistant (M/W) in organic synthesis (H/F)
Référence : UMR6230-ARNTES-017
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : NANTES
Date de publication : mardi 19 septembre 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Technique/Administratif
Durée du contrat : 6 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 novembre 2023
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : gross salary: 2 148€ to 2 504€ euros depending on experience
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 5 - (Bac+2)
Expérience souhaitée : Indifférent
BAP : Sciences chimiques et Sciences des matériaux
Emploi type : Assistant-e ingénieur-e en synthèse chimique
As part of a research project at the interface of chemistry and biology, the research assistant will evolve in the context of a national collaborative project aimed at synthesizing new enzymatic inhibitors of glycosylhydrolases. This Heroism project aims to continue the early stage development of a new molecule which, injected using a ZENEO® injector, would allow the stabilization of the condition of an injured person in the event of hemorrhagic shock, thus extending the window treatment. Our involvement in this medicinal chemistry project aims to improve the activity of inhibitors on the one hand, and also to focus on the structure-activity relationships which govern the biological activities evaluated. Pharmacological monitoring (ADME-TOX; PK, PD) will be carried out on the series of molecules in order to identify a drug candidate, with the support of preclinical evaluations carried out in parallel.
The missions of the research assistant relate to the implementation and conduct of methods for the synthesis of organic molecules within the framework of an R&D collaboration, with a team of biologists, financed by an ANR contract. Appropriate synthesis and purification techniques will have to be implemented for the various synthesis procedures. The research assistant will have to return the result of the syntheses carried out and regularly ensure the transmission of the results by writing technical reports. Its missions also consist of carrying out bibliographical research in the field to update its knowledge, propose effective synthesis protocols and ensure scientific and technological monitoring.
The research assistant will be in charge of researching, designing and developing new chemical synthesis techniques adapted to the purposes of the project studied. He/She may also participate in the development and conduct of the research project by proposing choices of synthesis strategies to be implemented. He/She will be able to advise and participate in the technical activities of the laboratory (common tasks, experiments, traceability of manipulations and samples). He/She will devote himself occasionally to bibliographical research and regularly to the writing of reports.
Graduated from professional License in organic synthesis. Applications from young master's graduates may also be considered.
Their general, theoretical or disciplinary knowledge:
- Good knowledge of the main techniques of synthesis, purification and characterization of molecules.
- Fluency in English desired
Its operational know-how:
- Know how to implement organic synthesis operating protocols (batch synthesis of a few mg to a few grams).
- Know how to use specific synthesis and purification equipment (Ozone generator, Rotary oven, Puriflash, etc.)
- Know how to use common analytical devices and interpret analytical data (NMR, IR, MS, UV, etc.)
- Use expert software in the fields of bibliography and analytical data processing (NMR, IR, SM, UV, etc.)
- Know how to interpret analytical data
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety rules as well as good laboratory practices.).
- Have qualities of work organization and responsiveness
- Have good interpersonal skills and interact with colleagues
- Be rigorous and methodical
- Take initiatives while being accountable
- Ability to meet deadlines and deadlines
- Comply with confidentiality obligations
Contexte de travail
The research assistant will be under the responsibility of the Unit Director and will work in collaboration with researchers from the research unit.
The research assistant will interact strongly with the various agents present in the laboratory, whether they are in the field of analysis or synthesis.
Contraintes et risques
Applications are submitted directly on the CNRS employment portal.