Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6226-JEACRA-001
Workplace : RENNES
Date of publication : Thursday, September 05, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2400 and 2600 euros (charged salary)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The CNRS recruits a European Project Manager (EPM) for full time at ISCR (Rennes) to ensure the implementation and to follow the ETN European Marie Curie Horizon 2020 (HEL4CHIROLED). The EPM will take care of the good application of European rules. CNRS is looking for an ambitious and talented project manager for the development of concepts and innovative projects and for an efficient managment. He/she will be in close collaboration with the Scientific Coordinator which is also based at ISCR.
He/she will accompany the organization and set-up of the project and will ensure the management of the administrative and financial part. He/she will will be the privileged contact with all partners of the project to deal with all these aspects.
The EPM will ensure the following missions (70 % of time):
• Ensure the set-up of the grant contract in interaction with the European Commission:
- Verify the terms of the Grant Agreement and Consortium Agreement, in agreement with the Coordinator and with the Project Officer of the European Commission and with the partners. If necessary, he/she will make amendments to the Grant Agreement;
- Verify that the partners respect of all rules, especially financial one, according to the contract
• Strongly help the scientific and financial reporting:
- Follow the deliverables, milestones and technical reports according to the established provisional schedule;
- Help writing the financial reports in relation with the competent services, transmit the time occupency sheets, justify all expenses ... and answer to all requests;
-Setting-up the templates for periodic reports, both sceintific and financial. Collect, compile and verify the contributions of all partners.
• Participate to the administrative management of the project:
- Write reports of deliverables for the le work-package management;
- Prepare, follow and update all the tools for management of the project. Set-up a log list action to follow the pour suivre les progress of the project and list the problems encountered.
• Organize the animation and communication of the project:
- Organize regular meetings and visioconferences (in English);
- Make presentations and write reports;
- Follow and encourage the realization of actions of the project especially for communication and dissemination (gestion of website , organization of events, ...).
A post-doctoral research work (30% of time ) in relation to the project HEL4CHIROLED will be also conducted by the recruited person. The topic will be in the following context.
The goal of this project is to develop chiral Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs) and Organic Light-Emissive Transistors (OLETs) based on new small helical molecules or helical pi-conjugated oligomers. It will take advantage of two novel concepts: i) The Chiral Induced Spin Selectivity (CISS) effect.1 It has been found that the transmission of electrons through chiral molecules depends on their spin. According to this novel CISS concept, the electrons injected into and from the light-emitting species have their spin predetermined and this significantly enhances the efficiency of the LEDs, a critical issue in view of the desire to reduce the energy consumption of electronic devices. ii) The emission of circularly polarized light (CPL).2 The use of CPL emitting OLED material would increase the efficiency of the device by allowing more light to pass through polarized filters currently used for eliminating parasitic reflections. Furthermore, CPL is central to a large range of current and future technologies and so CP light emitting devices would allow for additional functionalities (stereoscopic [3D] displays, enhanced bandwidth optical communication, in vivo imaging). These goals require to make progress in: 1) the development of strongly emissive chiral molecular materials suitable for integration into device technologies, 2) the study of their properties, and 3) the production of proof-of-concept devices.
The main part of the project will be devoted to the synthesis of chiral organic and organometallic molecules3 with different electronic properties and the study of their photophysical and chiroptical properties (UV-vis absorption, circular dichroism, circularly polarized luminescence) in solution and immobilized on surfaces. Applications in optoelectronic devices and chiral electrochemical sensing will then be conducted depending on the obtained chiroptical properties.
 a) B. Goehler et al., Science 331, 894 (2011). b) P. C. Mondal, C. Fontanesi, D. H. Waldeck, R. Naaman, Acc. Chem. Res. 49, 2560 (2016); c) C. Fontanesi, Current Opinion in Electrochemistry 7, 36 (2018).  a) Y. Yang et al., Adv. Mater. 25, 2624 (2013); b) F. Zinna et al., Adv. Mater. 27, 1791 (2015); c) E. Peeters et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 119, 9909 (1997); d) S. M. Jeong et al., App. Phys. Let. 90, 211106 (2007); e) J. R. Brandt et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 138, 9743 (2016); f) F. Zinna et al., Adv. Funct. Mater. 27,1603719 (2017).  a) N. Saleh, C. Shen and J. Crassous, Chem. Sci. 5, 3680 (2014); b) C. Shen et al., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 55, 8062 (2016); c) N. Hellou et al., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 56, 8236 (2017); d) P. Josse et al. Chem. Eur. J. 23, 6277 (2017).
- Very good knowledge of the operating rules of the programme Horizon 2020 (he/she will be trained);
- Technical competences on administrative and financial management of European projects;
- Good knowledge of higher education institution and of a laboratory;
- Good English and French (speaking and writing, visioconferences, writing reports in English;
- Good knowledge of computer tools (pack office - especially Excel);
- Use of Participant Portal,
- Excellent competences in writing, following proposals and reports;
- At least two years of experience in the acientific activity of the HEL4CHIROLED project;
- Minimum qualification: PhD in Chemistry.
Personal qualities requested:
- Rigor and autonomy;
- Taste for teamwork, good organization for personal and collaborative works;
- Reactivity, respect of deadlines, clarity and capacity of restitution;
- Easy relationships, open-mindednes, dynamism, well-adaptability, easy contact with people of different fiels;
- Use to work in a multi-cultural environement, transparent and close interaction with colleagues,
- Ethics of work.
- Ordering software for illustrations (par instance: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc), management of a website
- other EU languages
The "Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes" (ISCR – UMR 6226) is a Mixed Laboratory associating CNRS (INC et INSIS), and the University of Rennes 1, the "Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Rennes" (ENSCR) and the "Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Rennes" (INSA,Rennes). This Institute, created in January 2006, results from the gathering of the different strong thematics in chemistry in Rennes. It includes around 290 permanent employees, among which 143 Professors and Assistant-professors, 64 CNRS Researchers and 82 Engineers and Technicians, in different sites in Rennes and Lannion, with a total of 500 members. Its organization in eight teams of different sizes efficiently combines a good administrative gestion with high-level scientific activities, covering a large panel of disciplines in chemistry. The chemistry in Rennes has a strong expertise in the conception and synthesis of molecules, of crystals, of tailor-made materials, with dedicated properties, thanks to well-adapted engineering tools. It specifically addresses: molecular chemistry (organic, organometallic and coordination), materials from solid state chemistry and metallurgy, catalysis, electrochemistry, comutational chemistry, and engineering of chemical processes.
Constraints and risks
Several travels within Europe and in other foreign countries should be expected (participation to workshops and meetings, scientific symposia, etc), organized within the frame of the European ITN project HEL4CHIROLED.
The European Project Manager (EPM) is involved within the European project HEL4CHIROLED (Grant Agreement number: 859752 — HEL4CHIROLED — H2020-MSCA-ITN-2019).
The project HEL4CHIROLED (2020-2023) aims at gathering several research groups and companies involved in the preparation of helical molecules for the conception of chiral optoelectronic devices (among which chiral elelctroluminescent diodes), exhibiting circularly polarized luminescence (CPL) phenomena and/or spin selectivity effects induced by chirality (CISS effects).
Applications must include a detailed CV; at least two references (people who may be contacted); a cover letter of one page; a short summary of the PhD work ; PhD diploma.
Our Institute is submitted to security conditions (Restricted Research Zone, ZRR).
We talk about it on Twitter!