Reference : UMR6200-VERVER-006
Workplace : ANGERS
Date of publication : Monday, November 7, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : -between 2 213.87 and 2 545€ gross monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
Organic semiconductors have attracted considerable since revolutionized research fields and our also our daily lives. In an attempt and contribution to address current and future societal challenges, the objective of this position is to develop new original materials for the photoconversion and electrochemical storage of energy, in collaboration with the IRL 2BFUEL (IRL 2002) hosted by Yonsei University (Seoul, South Korea).
Mission/objective: Synthesis, characterization and use of organic and/or hybrid materials for energy conversion and storage
- Synthesis of organic/hybrid molecular structures/
- Purification and structural identification of the synthesized structures
- Participation in the design and potential synthetic routes
- Characterization of the electronic properties the synthesized structures
- Use of the synthesized structure in devices (fabrication of demonstrators)
The candidate should, ideally, hold a Master degree in Organic Chemistry.
The required skills for the position are:
- Theoretical and practical in-depth knowledge of organic synthesis, ideally on conjugated systems
- Mastering usual synthesis and characterization techniques
- Good abilities to interpret and format raw data
- Ability to lead projects and communicate on results (good organization methods)
- Autonomy and will in providing initiatives, while reporting on its activity
- Ability to work in a team (will work in close contact with a postdoctoral fellow),
- Fluent in English (written, read, spoken) to interact with involved international collaborators
Founded in 1988, MOLTECH-Anjou (CNRS - University of Angers) integrates more than 80 people (professors, assistant-professors, researchers, engineers, administrative staffs, post-doctoral fellows and PhD students) which are organized in five research teams of chemists and physicists.
A key characteristic of MOLTECH-Anjou lies on the convergence of the research topics, which are all focused on smart molecular materials and which are supported by expertises ranging from theoretical chemistry and molecular modeling, organic and inorganic syntheses, coordination chemistry, physical and analytical chemistry, material sciences,… to photonics. These skills are implemented into fields related to the optical and electronic properties of organic materials, with a special focus for addressable materials, molecular electronics and nanostructuration.
The candidate will join the "Linear Conjugated Systems" (SCL) group of MOLTECH-Anjou and will work under the direction of Dr. Sanguinet (UMR 6200, Université d'Angers). The candidate will have access to all the equipment to synthesis and characterize organic and hybrid materials (see SFR Matrix: https://sfrmatrix.univ-angers.fr/fr/index.html).
The project being collaborative with IRL 2BFUEL (IRL 2002, Yonsei University, Seoul), He/She will have to interact with international researchers, in particular for the preparation and testing of devices (solar cells/batteries).
Constraints and risks
A long-term mobility in South Korea (IRL 2BFUEL/Yonsei) is expected (device fabrication)
We talk about it on Twitter!