Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6174-VALFAU-008
Workplace : BESANCON
Date of publication : Friday, January 08, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 15 February 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2437 and 2616 € gross monthly depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Photonics engineer for an ANR DGA Astrid Maturation contract: The person recruited will work in the Nano Optics team of the optics department of the FEMTO-ST institute. It will contribute to the development of a new fiber optic sensor. She will be responsible for the cleanroom development and optical characterization of a CNRS ANR Maturation project associated with this development. The design, manufacture (mainly in a clean room) and characterization of this sensor (in collaboration with Thales TRT) will be at the heart of its activities. Knowledge of nanophotonics (in particular mastery of FDTD simulations), good experimental skills are expected and knowledge of clean room technologies will be a plus.
- Develop new cleanroom technologies for RIE etching of Lithium Niobate at the nanometric scale.
-Design new geometries of nanophotonic electric field sensor by FDTD
- Improve test benches for sensor calibration and carry out optical and electrical characterizations.
- Participate in the maturation of the project with industrialists and researchers.
- Experience in nanophotonic simulation by FDTD
- Experience in nano-optical characterization
Required qualities :
- Autonomy, rigorous, adaptability, pragmatic.
- Dynamism, responsiveness.
- Ability to find solutions
- Ability to work independently while being accountable;
- Ability to work in a team and in a mixed research industry environment.
The research will take place within the CNRS FEMTO-ST Institute, Optics Department * in a new scientific building which provides access to a wide range of facilities for fundamental and technological sciences, including numerous laboratories dedicated to photonics, 1,300 m2 of clean rooms and a supercomputing mesocenter.
Besançon is located in eastern France, 2 hours and 15 minutes from Paris by train and close to the foothills of the Jura mountains, excellent hiking trails, mountain biking, ski resorts. Besançon is consistently ranked among the cities in France offering the best quality of life and enjoys a dynamic university atmosphere.
* In case of cumulation with another CNRS position, an arrangement concerning the workplace is possible
To apply :
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Maria-Pilar BERNAL, firstname.lastname@example.org
We talk about it on Twitter!