Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6174-SARDJA-007
Workplace : BESANCON
Date of publication : Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 18 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : monthly pay between 2100 et 3000 €
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The main duty will be to participate in the development of an ultra-stable laser based on cryogenic silicon cavity. The following tasks are identified:
- to measure and optimize the vibration sensitivity of the cavity.
- To optimize the detection stage and error signal (Pound-Drever-Hall).
- To reduce thermal perturbations acting on the cavity.
- To study the motion of the cavity housed in the cryostat (inducing Doppler effect) and to implement compensation techniques.
- Laser power stabilization.
- Transfer of the optical signal without degradation of performances.
- Metrological characterization of the cavity-stabilized laser (frequency stability and phase noise) using ultra-stable references available in the laboratory: ultra-stable laser, cryogenics sapphire oscillators and optical frequency combs.
- Contribution to the writing of peer-reviewed articles and presentations at international conferences.
Experimental work in a time and frequency metrology laboratory:
- frequency stabilization of lasers.
- Characterization of low noise lasers.
- Diffusion and communication of results.
- Optical frequency metrology
- Gaussian optics in free-space
- Analog, digital and radio-frequency electronics
- Control theory and locking/feedback techniques
- Cryogenic and ultra-high vacuum
- Analysis and interpretation of noise and sources of noises
The candidate will integrate the OHMS team (about 25 people, http://teams.femto-st.fr/equipe-ohms/) in the time and frequency department of FEMTO-ST (www.femto-st.fr). An important activity is the development of optical references such as cavity stabilized lasers, single ion optical clock (Yb+), Supperradiant ultra-stable laser and cesium cells stabilized lasers. The candidate will have the support of electronic, IT and mechanical workshop of FEMTO-ST. A measurement platform dedicated to the short term frequency stability and ultra-low phase noise will be also available (http://oscillator-imp.com/dokuwiki/doku.php).
Constraints and risks
Laser radiation exposure
Workplace: Besançon, ENSMM, Département Temps-Fréquence (FEMTO-ST)
We talk about it on Twitter!