Intitulé de l'offre : Chemical research engineer M/F (H/F)
Référence : UMR6174-REMTRI-006
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : MONTBELIARD
Date de publication : jeudi 15 février 2024
Type de contrat : CDD Scientifique
Durée du contrat : 18 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 15 avril 2024
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : 2,782-3,100
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 7 - (Bac+5 et plus)
Expérience souhaitée : 1 à 4 années
Section(s) CN : Information sciences: processing, integrated hardware-software systems, robots, commands, images, content, interactions, signals and languages
As part of the start-up's development, the FEMTO-ST laboratory is looking for an chemical research engineer on an 18-month fixed-term contract financed by the CNRS. You will be hired by the CNRS and will be in direct contact with the start-up and the University of Michigan. This position can then be converted into a permanent contract, hired by the start-up, offering equity ownership for eligible employees.
Over the next few months, the aim is to integrate the existing electrostatic actuation system to autonomously control the attachment between two micro-robots.
- Specify reference components and methods, manufacture electrostatic actuator prototypes in cleanroom conditions, perform characterization, and carry out physico-chemical, qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Work with our in-house expert in numerical modeling before and after testing.
- Steer the various stages of the development process through to industrialization, defining industrial processes and quality criteria.
- Build a demonstrator of attachment between modules by electrostatic actuation.
- Consolidate partnerships and networks for component assembly and manufacturing.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales on the added value of the solution.
- PhD in chemistry or materials science, or master's degree (or equivalent) with at least 1 years' experience.
- Experience with electrodes, batteries, and condensators.
- Experience of thin-film deposition, molding, printing, laser ablation and clean-room facilities.
- You enjoy teamwork, public speaking, and arguing your choices in meetings.
- You are autonomous in managing your tasks and taking initiative.
- You want to be part of a futuristic, instructive project, within an international team at the forefront of its field worldwide, with prospects for rapid career development.
- You have a very good level of written and spoken English (B2).
Contexte de travail
The FEMTO-ST institute (Franche-Comté Electronics Mechanical Thermal and Optical - Science and Technology) is a joint research unit associated with the CNRS (UMR 6174) and attached simultaneously to the University of Franche-Comté (UFC), the National School of Mechanics and Microtechnology (SUPMICROTECH-ENSMM), and the Belfort-Montbéliard University of Technology (UTBM). The team at the Complex Systems Informatics Department (DISC) is an expert in multi-agent distributed system algorithms for the reconfiguration of objects from one shape to another, known as Programmable Matter.
The Michigan Integrated Circuits Laboratory (MICL) at the University of Michigan, inventor of the world's smallest computer, specializes in very large-scale digital integrated circuits (VLSI) and their applications in energy-harvesting systems offering perpetual operation.
Following several research projects, the FEMTO-ST laboratory and the University of Michigan have joined forces to create a start-up company, PHIGI, based on the development of a new energy-independent electrostatic actuator technology for Programmable Matter.
The use of electrostatics in modular micro robotics has shown a promising ratio of attachment forces to energy consumed for the actuation of modules or particles on a very small scale. This new type of actuator would enable thousands of microbeads to assemble automatically, with a very wide range of applications.
Le poste se situe dans un secteur relevant de la protection du potentiel scientifique et technique (PPST), et nécessite donc, conformément à la réglementation, que votre arrivée soit autorisée par l'autorité compétente du MESR.
Contraintes et risques
- Initial contact by telephone.
- Interview(s) by videoconference with the founders to validate the suitability of your profile.
- Technical assessment and interview with our engineers.