Reference : UMR6164-MARDEL-003
Nombre de Postes : 1
Workplace : RENNES
Date of publication : Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2800 and 4408 € gross per month (depending on experience)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
Conduct an ambitious academic project on metamaterial-based wireless localization.
- Conception, prototyping and evaluation of metamaterials for wireless localization.
- Implementation of signal-processing protocols for wireless localization.
- Numerical modelling of wireless localization systems.
- Writing of scientific publications.
- Presentations at international conferences.
- PhD in wave physics, electrical engineering, signal processing, or related discipline (photonics, acoustics, ...).
- Experience in the field of wave physics.
- Experience in the field of metamaterials (in a board sense).
- Experience in the field of signal processing.
- Experience with source and/or object localization.
- Experimental experience in the microwave domain (desired).
- Knowledge in the field of artificial intelligence (desired).
- Ability to synthesize results in written and oral formats.
- Ability to conduct oral presentations.
- Good command of the English language (reading, writing, speaking)
- Ability to write, formulate scientific projects, publish and exploit scientific results.
- Ability tp conduct collaborative work and team work.
- Autonomy, organisational skills and briefing skills.
The position is under the hierarchical responsibility of Dr. Philipp del Hougne (CR CNRS).
The position is part of the research line on Intelligent Wave Systems which is led by Dr. Philipp del Hougne. This research line is part of IETR's eWaves group.
Consult https://sites.google.com/view/pdelhougne/home for details on our recent works related to metamaterial-based wave processors.
We talk about it on Twitter!