Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6158-BEABOU-007
Workplace : AUBIERE
Date of publication : Monday, April 12, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 3 May 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : -between 2400 and 2650 euros gross per month depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
LIMOS wishes to recruit 1 post-doc in order to conduct research on the challenges around data stream, according to 1 topic :
- On the storage and management of streaming data (Farouk Toumani)
The research will be done under an industrial partnership with Pfeiffer Vacuum SAS company (Annecy, France), responsible for providing online data streams (series).
The work of successful applicants will consist of:
- Provide a state of the art on techniques, either management or analysis, of data stream
- Propose solutions for the management or analysis of data stream relating to the IT2.fr project
- Develop the solution suitable for the project
- Develop user and operating guides of the implemented solution
- Write technical reports on the work carried out, as well as meeting reports
- Organize and participate in project meetings
- Participate in the supervision of interns (master students) related to the project
--A postdoctoral fellowship position is a time-limited job focused primarily on research, intended as a first career step after a thesis.
At the end of this post-doc, the candidate will have developed adequate skills for the profession of assistant professor or R&D engineer. In addition, he will know how to :
- solve a research and development problem in an industrial context
- participate and contribute to collaborative research
- increase its research potential through the publications achieved during the project
- increase his knowledge on methods, techniques and tools for managing or analyzing data streams.
There is one position time-limited, full-time, one year positions (with the possibility of extension) starting May 2021 or at an agreed upon date (either earlier or later). The position is financed through the project IT2.fr funded under the "Structuring Projects for Competitiveness" (PSPC) action of the Future Investments Program (PIA). The IT2.fr is the French consortium part of the EU-funded H2020 IT2 project (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/875999) that develops next generation extreme UV lithography and explores novel 3D structures.
The research will be done under an industrial partnership with Pfeiffer Vacuum SAS company (Annecy, France), responsible for providing online data series.
The position in LIMOS is attached to the SIC LIMOS' axis (Information and Communication Systems) that focuses on the acquisition, transfer, processing and analysis of data. Those data are generally massive, incomplete and heterogeneous. They can be acquired and transmitted through a wireless sensor network, then are stored in a database which can be distributed, and finally they are processed and analyzed in order to identify their properties.
The Laboratory of Informatics, Modelling and Optimization of the Systems (LIMOS) is a Mixed Unit of Research (UMR 6158) in computing, and more generally in Sciences and Technologies of information and the Communication ( STIC). The LIMOS is mainly connected with the Institute of the Sciences of the Information and their Interactions (INS2I) of the CNRS, and in a secondary way to the Institute of the Sciences of the Engineering and the Systems (INSIS). He has for academic supervision the Clermont Auvergne university and the graduate school of Mines of Saint-Etienne (EMSE), and as partner establishment the Engineer Institute SIGMA. The LIMOS is a member labex IMOBS3 and ClercVolc and federation of search in Environment FR 3467 (which groups 17 laboratories UCA and INRA of the site of Clermont-Ferrand). It is an associate member of the federation MODMAD (Mathematical MODELLING and Decision support, FED 4169) carried by University Jean Monnet of Saint-Etienne.
Constraints and risks
- Possible travel to Annecy
- The positions are for a period of one year, with the possibility of renewal.
- Successful candidates will conduct research on challenges around data streams, either on data management or machine learning, with Farouk Toumani and / or Engelbert Mephu Nguifo and other members of the DSI research team (Data, Services and Intelligence) at LIMOS.
- The applicant must have a strong background in any of the following areas: Data management or Machine Learning. The candidate should be a highly motivated researcher who can work as well alone as with other researchers
We talk about it on Twitter!