Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6112-GAECHO-001
Workplace : NANTES
Date of publication : Monday, July 12, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 3084 and 3806 € per month before tax (approx. 20%)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
A 2-yr postdoc position is opened at Laboratoire de Planétologie et Géodynamique in Nantes (France) with funding from the Agence Nationale de la Recherche. The ANR research project COLOSSE (Characterizing Ocean Layers in the Outer Solar System) aims at studying the dynamics of ocean layers buried beneath the ice in moons and planets of the outer solar system.
- Research work will focus on the convective dynamics of buried oceans, taking into account two contributions for buoyancy (thermal and compositional),
- Numerical tools to study such planetary layers for rotating fluids will be adapted and used for such particular objects.
- Computing resources from the Centre de Calcul Intensif des Pays de la Loire (CCIPL) will be used for development stages and those of the national facilities of GENCI for the production of numerical results.
- For this specific theme, the framework of the ANR COLOSSE project involves collaboration with our partner from Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris.
- Results will be published in refereed journals and communicated in international conferences.
- The candidate must have a PhD in Earth/planetary sciences or fluid mechanics.
- A good knowledge of appropriate numerical tools such as PARODY-PIC or MagIC would benefit the cabndidacy as it would enable an efficient start for this 2-yr project.
- The candidate's publication record will be examined.
- Communication skills and team work will be appreciated.
The Laboratoire de Planétologie et Géodynamique depends on the CNRS and the Universities of Nantes and Angers and hosts about one hundred employees (25% are non permanent staff). The Nantes site of the lab is located on the science campus of Université de Nantes. The lab is organized in research themes: the postdoc hired for this project will mostly work on the « Diversity of icy worlds » theme. Working under the administrative supervision of the Directeur d'Unité, the hired postdoc will mostly interact with the COLOSSE team (including its coordinator) and with the IPGP partner.
We talk about it on Twitter!