Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6074-ANNBUZ-013
Workplace : RENNES
Date of publication : Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2617€ and 3017€ gross monthly depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The researcher will investigate micro-architectural attacks, including side-channel attacks on the cache, the DRAM or the branch prediction unit, as well as transient execution attacks. In particular, we are interested in automatically finding new side channels on hardware, as well as automatically finding related vulnerabilities on software (e.g. in cryptographic protocols).
- Carry research on the security of hardware/software interface: developing attacks and defenses.
- Write scientific articles for publication in top international conferences (rank A/A*).
- Participate to the supervision of PhD students and interns working on the domain.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
- Published one or several articles in top international conferences.
- Independent researcher.
- Communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Programming skills.
- Skills in at least one of the following areas: micro-architecture, attacks by auxiliary channels, security of operating systems.
The postdoctoral work is carried out in the EMSEC team (https://www.irisa.fr/emsec/) under the supervision of Clémentine Maurice.
The EMSEC team targets research questions related to the security of embedded systems and cryptography.
Constraints and risks
No risks or special constraints.
Candidates are invited to apply as soon as possible, applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
The starting date is not fixed.
We talk about it on Twitter!