Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6074-ANNBUZ-009
Workplace : RENNES
Date of publication : Tuesday, October 08, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 22 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2,900 and 3,600 € gross per month depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The hired person will work on the Momentum project on "Optimizing Power Grid Intelligence", which focuses on the current challenges of the energy sector and more specifically on the intelligent digitization of power grid management through joint optimization of electricity production, distribution and consumption. The project aims to optimize the IT infrastructure in charge of managing the electricity networks: guaranteeing their performance while minimizing their energy consumption.
The activities of this post-doc consist of:
- Modeling accurately the performance and energy consumption of the various communication devices used to control power grids and validating these models through experimental measurements on real platforms.
- Proposing distributed management algorithms for communication devices used to control electrical networks in order to co-optimize the operation of these two complex networks: electrical network and computing control network.
- PhD in computer science
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of optimization methods and / or communication techniques of power grids
- C ++ programming skills and / or simulation tools
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
This post-doc will take place at IRISA in Rennes. The IRISA laboratory is today the largest French research laboratory (more than 850 people) in the field of computer science and information technology. It covers all topics in these areas, from computer and network architecture to artificial intelligence, software engineering, distributed systems and virtual reality.
The recruited person will be part of the Myriads team which is interested in large scale distributed systems.
We talk about it on Twitter!