Intitulé de l'offre : Project Manager position within the European EVERSE project and the IDEFICS project (M/F) (H/F)
Référence : UMR5814-CARMAR-014
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : ANNECY
Date de publication : samedi 6 janvier 2024
Type de contrat : CDD Technique/Administratif
Durée du contrat : 24 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 mars 2024
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : between 2282€ and 2890€ according to experience
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 6 - (Bac+3 ou 4)
Expérience souhaitée : Indifférent
BAP : Gestion et Pilotage
Emploi type : Chargé-e du partenariat et de la valorisation de la recherche
LAPP laboratory is offering a Project Manager position within the European EVERSE project and the IDEFICS project.
The selected candidate will be responsible for overseeing the execution and overall justifications of the project in support of project coordinators and in coordination with the associated CNRS services and the competent services of the laboratory.
The candidate will also provide support to the LAPP steering teams for the monitoring of scientific progress, measured by the delivery of deliverables, adherence to milestones, and internal reviews from the European Commission.
The candidate will also be responsible for organizing meetings, workshops, and events.
- Define and implement a project plan, schedule, and a project monitoring strategy.
- Liaise with academic partners (universities, research laboratories) and industrial partners on behalf of the project coordinator.
- Prepare, compile, and produce all project management reports (including financial data) for all internal and external partners including the region and the European Commission.
- Be the primary contact for the project in terms of organizational, administrative, financial, and legal matters.
- Manage the financial statements of the project, in connection with the LAPP and CNRS services.
- Participate in the organization and animation of internal and external communication events (workshops, seminars, trade fairs, etc.).
- Supervise relations with the industry within the framework of innovation actions or service provision; participate in the analysis and definition of the needs of industrial partners and in the drafting of associated contracts or estimates.
- Plan, support, and coordinate IDEFICS' participation in external events, forums, or workshops for project visibility or as part of external cooperation.
- Define and evolve the services (definition, cost, etc.) of the IDEFICS digital platform (human and computing resources) in connection with the computing center team and the project coordinator.
- Master's degree in a scientific discipline (physics, mathematics, computer science, etc.) or in management, management, administration.
- General knowledge or experience in technical and/or IT project management techniques, preferably in an international environment.
- Similar experience as a Project/Program Manager in the field of research and innovation would be a plus.
- Basic knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas: IT, scientific data management, or artificial intelligence.
- Knowledge in the analysis of accounting and financial data.
- Proficiency in project management tools and Microsoft Office suite such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop and write reports and present summary data in English.
- Ability to animate and coordinate the activity of a team in a matrix organization.
- Knowledge of European law, contract law, and public law would be a plus.
In addition to technical skills, the candidate must:
- Demonstrate rigor and reliability.
- Have good interpersonal skills, a sense of organization, and enjoy teamwork.
- Have the ability to manage their work autonomously, know how to take initiatives and be able to quickly adapt to the evolution of the project and tasks.
- Have the ability to work in the context of an international project.
- A good level of written and spoken English is required (Level C1).
Contexte de travail
LAPP is a high-energy physics laboratory located in Annecy, 50 km from Geneva. The laboratory was founded in 1976 and is one of the laboratories of IN2P3 (Institute of Nuclear Physics and Particle Physics), an institute of the CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research). LAPP is a joint research unit of the Université Savoie Mont Blanc (USMB) and CNRS-IN2P3. Nearly 150 people work at LAPP. The research conducted at LAPP aims to study the ultimate constituents of matter, their fundamental interactions, as well as to explore their connections with the large structures of the Universe.
LAPP is the leader of the European ESCAPE cluster for astronomy, particle physics, and astroparticle physics. Five EOSC clusters from various disciplines (astronomy, particle physics, environmental sciences, life sciences, social sciences, nuclear physics, etc.), join in the EVERSE project across 18 institutes in 10 countries to work on improving the quality of scientific software and establishing a European virtual institute for research software. LAPP is notably responsible for Work Package 3 - Tools and Services for software quality and FAIRness.
Officially inaugurated in 2007, the MUST mesocenter has enabled the gradual commissioning of a significant computing farm with more than 6000 simultaneous jobs and 4 PB of storage, thus participating in the data processing of the LHC and scientific computing for an extended community in the fields of Particle Physics and Astrophysics.
- The IDEFICS Project website: https://idefics.fr/
- The LAPP website: https://lapp.in2p3.fr/