Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5668-MARNAR-008
Workplace : LYON 07
Date of publication : Friday, June 11, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Before-tax pay: around 2437€
Desired level of education : Engineer
Experience required : Indifferent
We are looking for an engineer to work on the EdgeLIP platform. The work will mainly include:
· Bootstrap of the different modules of the platform
· Design of tools for deploying and managing the experiments on the platform
· Support the researchers in the use of the platform for their experiments
· Design of monitoring tools to track key parameters like networking performance, temperature, energy consumption
· Possible preparation of the integration of the EdgeEnergy platform within the national SILECS platform
· Participation to scientific publications
The engineer position is funded by the CNRS. The goal of the position is to work on a very innovative experimental platform located at the LIP laboratory.
The platform, named EdgeEnergy, is dedicated to energy efficient edge computing and networking research and supports the research activities of the LIP researchers within this area.
The EdgeEnergy platform consists of three modules:
· the GreenCube component that is a green edge datacenter;
· a cooling module based on mineral oil that transforms consumed energy in hot water;
· a wireless access modules based on the new versions of the Wi-Fi technology.
· Master or Engineer degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical engineering
· Excellent knowledge in computer networks, wireless communications and operating systems
· Experience in script languages, programming language (like Python) and conteneurisation (Docker)
· Facility in English and in writing reports and documentations
The research will be held in the LIP laboratory (ENS - Lyon, France) within the project EdgeLIP under the supervision Isabelle Guérin-Lassous and Laurent Lefèvre.
Constraints and risks
The LIP laboratory is not an experimental laboratory and does not incur specific risks or constraints.
We talk about it on Twitter!