Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5667-STEMAU-025
Workplace : LYON 07
Date of publication : Monday, September 13, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 22 months
Expected date of employment : 10 January 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2,471 euros and 3,164 euros gross per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The Mechanotransduction in Development team (MechanoDevo) studies the role of mechanical signals in plants. We combine approaches from cell biology, biophysics, life imaging and molecular genetics to understand aspects of plant development and cell biology.
The candidate will work in the framework of the ANR Biophononics project on the role of acoustic properties of plant walls, using onion and Arabidopsis as model systems. He/she will develop protocols for the preparation of walls from mutants or drug-treated tissues. He/she will develop new lines with affected wall properties. Finally, he/she will participate in the analysis of data, in particular by Brillouin microscopy, in collaboration with Thomas Dehoux's team (Institut Lumière matière, Lyon).
- The candidate should have a PhD in biology
- Proficiency in molecular biology techniques: cloning, PCR, DNA/RNA extraction, genotyping, CRISPR editing
- Mastery of confocal microscopy techniques and image analysis
- Mastery of the culture and transformation of the model plant Arabidopsis
- Mastery of specialized computer tools for the quantification of cell biology data and their statistical analyses
- Strong knowledge in plant cell biology
- English read, written and spoken.
The RDP laboratory (Reproduction and Development of Plants) is a multi-tutelle joint research unit (CNRS, INRAE, ENS de Lyon, UCBL, and associated with INRIA) composed of 9 research teams (about 120 people). The laboratory is located on the Monod site of the ENS of Lyon. The researcher will be attached to the MechanoDevo team. The candidate will evolve in a research team and will have to be involved in the organization and present his/her results at meetings.
We talk about it on Twitter!