Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5629-STEGRE-005
Workplace : PESSAC
Date of publication : Friday, September 10, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2648€ and 3054€ gross monthly depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
This project is part of a research program that brings together the world leader in space launchers, the IMP Academic Laboratory of INSA Lyon and the LCPO of Bordeaux. The proposed project aims at developing a structural composite material from a biosourced epoxy resin with a low environmental footprint. The experimental work of the post-doctoral fellow at the LCPO will focus on 3 aspects:
1/ the synthesis of the precursors (monomers and pre-polymers) of the resin. Previous works have shown the relevance of some biobased raw materials and their transformation into epoxy resin. The synthesis of cross-linking agents for these resins, which are also bio-based, will also be studied.
2/ the scaling up of these chemistries, which represents another major point of this work. The objective will be to propose transformation routes in accordance with the sustainable character of the raw material and in particular the potential toxicity.
3/ molecular, physico-chemical and thermo-mechanical characterizations of the precursors and the networks in order to evaluate the compatibility of these resins with the fibrous reinforcements proposed for these composite materials.
- bibliographic monitoring
- experimental work: synthesis, physico-chemical characterization
- development of experimental devices on a pilot scale
- Strong skills in organic and polymer synthesis are required with a thorough knowledge of characterization methods and analysis of physicochemical and mechanical properties of polymers.
-Good interpersonal and teaching skills are also highly recommended.
The Laboratory of Organic Polymer Chemistry (LCPO) is a joint research unit attached to the CNRS, the University of Bordeaux and the Bordeaux Polytechnic Institute (http://www.lcpo.fr). The LCPO is composed of 4 research teams and includes about 150 people, including about 50 permanent staff.
With more than 30 years of experience in polymer chemistry, the LCPO's research aims at :
- develop innovative methodologies for the precision synthesis of polymers, using biomimetic and/or green chemistry approaches
- develop functional polymeric materials by macromolecular engineering and self-assembly, particularly in the fields of renewable materials, health and energy
- to establish permanent links with the socio-economic world.
The work of the recruited agent will be carried out in the team 2 of the LCPO.
Team 2, entitled "Biopolymers and Bio-sourced Polymers", is directed by Henri Cramail. The team explores ways to valorize bio-resources and develops green chemistry methodologies for the synthesis of polymeric materials that are more respectful of the environment, with as main orientations
- depolymerization of lignocellulosic biomass and valorization of the products formed (oligo-lignins, phenols, saccharinic acids, oligosaccharides)
- the elaboration of bio-sourced monomers, mainly derived from lipids, and the study of their polymerization (polyesters, polyurethanes without isocyanate, polyamide, epoxy networks)
- the chemical modification of polysaccharides, mainly cellulose and chitosan, for the elaboration of functional materials.
Constraints and risks
nothing to report
We talk about it on Twitter!